Richard (Dick) Dunkley RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard (Dick) Dunkley RIP

I have sadly heard today the our long standing member 'Dick' Dunkley died last night (Wednesday 25th September). Dick had been ill for some weeks & in Addenbrookes hospital recently.
    If and when funeral arrangements become available I will put them up on this thread
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/09/2019, 04:09 PM.

Thanks for letting us know John. Shocking news, only got to know Dick this year but he was a very friendly and helpful chap.

Comment

So sorry to hear this news. Dick allowed me to photograph his East Coaster for my book. Page 132

He also sold me the nicest Greeves I've ever owned - my multi award - winning 32DC - also pictured in my book, pages 90 and 91. You can see just how good his restorations were. Every time Dick saw that bike when I had it he would say it was his favourite and would I sell it back to him...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Very sad news. RIP Dick.
        Last edited by Phil Hyde; 28/09/2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Dicks passing. I remember him coming to my house once to relieve me of some Greeves spares and he spotted a book that I had, it was the one about tuning two strokes and featured mainly British stuff. (Can’t remember the exact title). Anyway Dick wasn’t leaving until he had persuaded me to sell it.. ! RIP Dick.

Comment

Dicks Funeral is being held at Cam Valley Crematorium, Great Chesterford, CB10 1FE at 1pm on TUESDAY 22nd October. This is is just off the A11 near junction 9 on M11 https://www.camvalleycrematorium.co.uk/contact-map.php

Funeral announcement from Cambridge News
            DUNKLEY Richard (Dick) Of Great Shelford Passed away at home with his family at his side on Wednesday 25th September 2019, aged 80 years. A loving Husband to Sylvia, devoted Father to Steven and Tracey. Caring Grandad to Charlie, George and Lucy. Funeral Service and Committal to be held at 1.00pm, Cam Valley Crematorium, Great Chesterford on Tuesday 22nd October. Floral tributes may be sent to Richard Stebbings Funeral Service Ltd, Kendal House, Cambridge Road, Impington, Cambridge CB24 9YS. Tel: 01223 232309.
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 02/10/2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Just to report that Dave Pink, Myself, Gary Bamford, Dave Walter and Pete Hammond attended Dicks funeral today, Dave Pink and myself rode in on our Greeves along with another guy on a Triumph Bonneville. (pic Gary Bamford)

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (48).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	78402
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/10/2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Nice to meet fellow gra member but sad under the circumstances.Dick had a good send off

Comment

Working...
                X