Leading-Link 207

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leading-Link 207

Issue 207 dropped onto the mat this morning.Another great read. A bumper page of sales and wants too. Star item has to be Peter Smith's trials sidecar. I was fortunate to passenger Peter on a few occasions, including a Bonanza trial. Great fun....

Ditto regarding Leading Link! The sidecar is a steal at that price, undervalued in my view. I already have 2, not as good, and cost me more....

Comment

Another bumper issue with some good input from members,

I read with interest the letter from Mick Aldridge regarding his visit to Tony East's ARE Museum at Kirkmichael on the IoM,
      John asks about the two police bikes, well these are VJJ 980G (24DF117) and VJJ 982G (24DF119) from a batch of four (the others being VJJ979G (24DF116) and VJJ981F (24DF118) supplied to the City of London Police. I did write a piece on these which appeared in a previous issue of LL sometime in 2017, and indeed a thread on here about police bikes, https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...f-police-bikes

Both bikes were owned for a number of years by a friend of mine and former GRA member Roger Neal from Cambridgeshire who bought them as basket cases from another local enthusiast and over the years started restoration. On moving house in 2014 Roger sold the bikes to a dealer Pete Rosenstiel t/a Petes Bikes who in turn sold them to Tony East who completed the restorations.
      Of the other two bikes VJJ981G was broken up some years ago and alloy beam re stamped and used on one of Richard Deals new build Anglians, VJJ979G has recently surfaced with a Peter Jiggens living in Spain who plans to restore it.

With regards to the other bike that Mick was asking about, the Bert Greeves prototype. This is 901 JOO frame number 24DDS101 and was reported to have been prototype super sports roadster based on the 25DD Essex but using the 36A Villiers single engine with Challenger top end. It appears the only one built and never went into production.
      After Greeves demise the bike passed to Andrew King and then in 2002 to Graham Mitchell who restored it closely to its original spec. but with a few mods including a Tolman solid state 12 volt ignition/lighting system. Dave Pink then acquired 901 J00 in 2004 later selling it to Tony East for his collection, where it remains.
      Again an article on 901 JOO has appeared in LL link a few years ago.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/06/2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I too fould the LL a good read and this extra information adds to that, THANKS.... Ian

Comment

Good info John, well done!

Ian C.

Comment

Our editor does a brilliant job with Leading Link and I alaso thank him for the latest issue. Come on all you lot, let's have some stoies of rebuilds and derring do, you all must have loads to share with the rest of us! Poor old John quite often tears his hair out in fear of not receiving enough articles for the next edition!

Comment

Can i have one?

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                Can i have one?
                Yes! It should be in the post tomorrow - the system didn't cope with your renewal date...

Comment

Magazine arrived here in Australia yesterday. Lots of good reading.

Comment

Still not arrived?

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                      Still not arrived?
                      Posted to you on 6th June!

Comment

Yes arrived today thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X