Bob Horton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Horton

Today I received the sad news that a good friend, Bob Horton, passed away last week. He had suffered a stroke.

Bob was a GRA member and the owner and rider of a modified Oulton sprinter (see Leading Link 180: December 2014). The fastest Greeves ever over the standing quarter mile: 12.88 secs: 106mph.

The Oulton was seen on GRA stands at a number of shows recently and Bob also liked to show his 1958 20TA - it was at Telford in February.

The funeral will be at St. Mary's Church, Church Street, Gamlingay, Cambs next Wednesday 29th April, starting at 11.00am.

Attendees are specifically invited to come on motorcycles if possible.

A sad day. I'd known him for twenty years.
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 23/04/2015, 08:04 AM. Reason: Amend address
    Colin Sparrow

Bob Horton RIP

Sad news Colin. Bob ran the Bikeshed at Gamlingay with Dave Aubigne, & was an advertiser in LL. I did not know Bob myself, & although he lived not far from Cambridge he was not an attendee at our Cambridge meetings. Presumably the stroke came 'out of the blue' as I think Bob was only in his late 60's.
    Condolences to his family.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/06/2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Sad News

Very upset to read this, Ive met Bob on many occasions..

A true Greeves man through and through..

I am away on holiday when the funeral is on, Please pass my regards onto Bobs family please Colin.

Regards

Scott Chappell

Comment

Bob Horton

Very sorry to hear about the passing of Bob , I have known him only a couple of years meeting him at the various shows that the GRA attended, and always he had lots to chat about and laugh at, it was a great shock to all i am sure.

Comment

Doesn't that show you how you need to enjoy every day? I helped Bob at Telford run his Oulton in the 'fire up' session. He was just getting back into action following an operation on his previously broken ankle. What rotten luck - condolences to his family.

Comment

Does anyone know if Bikeshed are still in business as they no longer advertise in LL. Not sure if Bobs partner continued with the business.

Comment

I have tried ringing the number (01767 654949) that was listed for Bikeshed but its been re allocated to another private subscriber, so looks like the business closed after Bob Horton died and Dave Aubigne did not continue with it.
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/06/2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Probably a bit more going on at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
                  Probably a bit more going on at the moment.
                  Not unless Bob has restarted the business in 'the other place' Have made a few local enquires and it appears that the business closed on Bobs death

Comment

I went for a ride yesterday, & passed along Hatley Road, Gamlingay but no sign of the business, I think it may have been on a farm as most of Hatley Road is open country.

Comment

Working...
                    X