Remembering Dave Bickers. Nice Italian eulogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering Dave Bickers. Nice Italian eulogy

Thanks so much for sharing that. A fine tribute to a fine man. The greatest rider ever to throw a leg over a Greeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick H View Post
      The greatest rider ever to throw a leg over a Greeves.
      Dont forget Dave's mentor Brian Stonebridge the man who put Greeves on the road to success

Comment

Quite so, John. Perhaps I should have said 'In my humble opinion...'. I was fortunate to have been around when BGS was plying his trade on a Bantam and a 500 Matchless, and he was indeed a fine rider. But for his tragic death, when he was taken from us at the height of his career, he may well have gone on to eclipse DGB. But the fact is that sadly he was unable to, and the 'boy David' went on to achieve far greater success that had his mentor. Don't forget also that, like me, you would have ridden trials against DGB and must admit that, had he wished, he could also have been an equally outstanding trials rider, such was his natural ability. Instead, of course, he preferred to have fun on three wheels with Pete Smith, as a release from the pressure of competing at the very top of the scrambles world. So, in my view, I feel David was the finest Greeves rider ever.

Comment

I'll go one further, gents, and say "The greatest rider ever". I believe quite a few World Champs will agree with that!

Comment

Working...
          X