Jag transporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jag transporter

Mike Worthington-Williams has included the attached pic of a Jaguar Mk9 modified into a scrambles bike transporter, asking if anyone knows anything about it. The bikes looks like Greeves & there is a Greeves sticker in the rear tail gate. Anyone know who the rider was.

They're Challengers. Looks like to sort of crazy thing Dave Bickers would do. We'll have to ask him.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Some Norther chappie called Wade had a Jag, but I have no idea if it was chopped like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        Some Norther chappie called Wade had a Jag, but I have no idea if it was chopped like that!
        Brian Wade ???

Comment

Yes that's the chappie, but I cannot say that is his car.

Comment

Spoke to Malcolm Taylor today - an ex-scrambler from the 1960s. We both recall that in the East of the country at the time, when the Challengers were going well, plate No.7 was used by Richard 'Tubby' Hughes. Now, apart from enjoying some support from Greeves, Richard also had a sponsor, Joe Crese (not sure of surname spelling). Joe was also a Jaguar enthusiast and Malcolm feels that modding a Jaguar to transport bikes is just the sort of thing he would have done.
            I'm not saying that's the answer to the puzzle but it's a possibility.

Comment

Jag Transporter

Thanks for that Dick I will pass info on to Mike WW for his column, be interesting to see if he gets any other replies.

Comment

Jag tranporter

Bryan Wade had such a transporter in early 1965, I saw it at a TV scramble in Caerleon.

Comment

Maybe the same one which changed owners, lets face it it only had one use after the modification. Did Bryan Wade have riding No7?

Comment

If Humpty actually saw Bryan Wade with this vehicle then surely that's the one, and my Tubby Hughes theory is just a coincidence and a load of nonsense!

Comment

Just heard back from Mike WW, Two other readers have identified it as belonging to Greeves rider Bryan Wade.

Comment

Working...
                      X