Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First footage of the 'all new' Greeves 280Ti being tested 2010.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First footage of the 'all new' Greeves 280Ti being tested 2010.

I've just spotted these two clips on YouTube of Richard Deal's (of Greeves Motorcycles Ltd.) new Greeves 280Ti being tested by some Danish chaps.

Unfortunately the captions are all in Danish, but it looks like the testing was done near to RD's premises in the UK.

I couldn't create a direct link to each of the films for you to use, but if you want to have a look at them, first highlight and copy one of the following titles (in Danish!), then use this link to go to YouTube (www.youtube.com), then finally paste your selected title into the YouTube search bar and select the film to watch. Close the YouTube link after watching, which will bring you back here, and then repeat the process for the next film.

Greeves 280cc Ti.wmv

Greeves - Demo dag på Fyn

Sorry about the faff, but YouTube seem to have changed their page layout and I couldn't find the links to copy....!

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/05/2010, 12:41 AM.

Try these links

Greeves Demodag på Fyn 2010. Greeves besøgte Danmark, og der var mulighed for at test kører den nye Greeves 280 TI
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/05/2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Well done John, and thanks! Blowed if I could find them! You'd think that after trawling through well over 900 pages of the British Pathe Film archives to find those historic Greeves clips ( over three and a half months!) I'd have my IT 'act' together by now wouldn't you.....doh!

Mind you, it was way past my bedtime when I discovered those YouTube clips......!

(By the way, some of the comments left by YouTube viewers on the second film are interesting aren't they, and seem a real mix of opinions. The clips on YouTube have both had a lot of 'views' though, which shows that people are interested at least.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/06/2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Not exactly complementary comments are they, pity the interview is in Danish, can anyone translate what is being said?
        As for the trials terrain, not exactly testing for a modern trails iron is it, more like pre 65 sections. Looks like it was filmed at Kelvedon Hatch Woods near Ongar.

Comment

I say let Dougie Lampkin loose on it!!!!

Any comments, viewers..........?
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/05/2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X