Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass fibre petrol tanks and problems with Ethanol in pump fuel.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to a fuel supplier who deals a lot with agricultural contractors and garden centres. Has 4 star unleaded, no ethanol.
    Link from Gary Gwillam.

Comment

• Ethanol free petrol

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      http://www.aspenfuel.co.uk/
      Link to a fuel supplier who deals a lot with agricultural contractors and garden centres. Has 4 star unleaded, no ethanol.
      Link from Gary Gwillam.
      ALKYLATE PETROL (Aspen 2 stroke and Aspen 4 stroke) Yes but at what price, just checked out prices with my local stockist Ernest Doe http://www.ernestdoeshop.com/brand/aspen/ and the prices for 5 litres are £17.40 (4 stroke) or £20.88 (50:1 (synthetic) two stroke mix). Thats £3.48 & £4.18 per litre.: (Its 95 RON (standard unleaded) so not 4 star which is 97/98 RON
      Obviously aimed at the horticultural user who does not consume vast quantities in chain saws, lawnmowers, strimmers etc. Convenience packaging (which has to be paid for) particularly with the two stroke mix so the user does not have to worry about buying oil separately & mixing it.
      Doe's prices are cheap compared with some other suppliers, this one on eBay is charging £30 for 5 litres of 4 stroke petrol (£6 per litre) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASPEN-4-AL...25.m3641.l6368 It is free delivery though
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/06/2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• aspen fuel

my neighbour swears by it he has a very trick James with a 32a motor electronic egnition greeves barrel 250cc hes running on30:1 and has had no issues and he's out 2/3 times a week dead keen lots of practice.

Comment

• hORSES MOUTH

FOR your info JOHN and HI brian sorry i did make a mistake still good news the r4sr racing fuel high octain is same price £111 deliverd to your door heres the email :-

Hello Gary.

We have a range of ethanol free fuels.

A good one to consider would be the R4SR, which is 100RON leaded.

It has a low oxygen content, but this is achieved without the use of ethanol.

The smallest size we do is a 25lt litre drum.

Delivered cost to you would be £111.68.

One other option is our Aspen 4T ethanol free fuel, aimed at garden machinery. This is unleaded 95RON and our sales guy

runs this in his own Matchless, which also has a glass fibre tank. This comes in 5lt cans and is sold through net work of dealers.

Sadly we don't have a lot in Cornwall, but the nearest would be J&M Garden Machinery Callington Road Saltash, PL12 6PH.

Their number is 01752 849191.

Note the Aspen also comes as a 2 stroke premix, which is in an orange can. The 4 stroke version is in a blue can.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Shaun

Shaun Williams

Anglo American Oil Company

3 Holly Close

Sandford

Wareham

Dorset

BH20 7QE

direct 01929 555973

main 01929 551557
          Last edited by greeves246; 09/06/2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
            HI brian sorry i did make a mistake
            No worries Gary, you little rascal you, and hope the seat info was of help to you.

Brian (or is it John....)

Comment

• lol

yes true brian good news is there a way round it we can still use our bikes also another one is fishing ports will have high octain and no ethanol and also aerodrome have av gas and you can use it on the road if you pay the tax

and yes brian very gratefull for your good detail ! thanks

my poor old scottish 24tas needs a revamp.

gary

Comment

• Fossil fuels to be phased out by 2100

The Europeon Union have set a target date of 2100 for the phasing out of fossil fuels http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29855884
                Yep its a long way off & on the face of it wont hit our generation, but I suspect there will be a gradual tightening up of emissions & its only a matter of time before our old bikes will starved of suitable fuel, if not banned outright. They will be consigned to museum pieces.

Comment

• fuel

There is av gas but av gas attracts moisture and if left ends up woth accumilating water
                  i have found when i was buying it for RODGER NEAL.

gary

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                    http://www.aspenfuel.co.uk/
                    Link to a fuel supplier who deals a lot with agricultural contractors and garden centres. Has 4 star unleaded, no ethanol.
                    Link from Gary Gwillam.
                    I recently read an article that said super unleaded doesn't have ethanol in it yet.I get it from Sainsburys petrol stations and they say it is 97 ron

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post
                      I recently read an article that said super unleaded doesn't have ethanol in it yet.I get it from Sainsburys petrol stations and they say it is 97 ron
                      Its not the RON number that defines whether its got ethanol in it but the E number ie E5 is 5% ethanol

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                        Its not the RON number that defines whether its got ethanol in it but the E number ie E5 is 5% ethanol
                        The article was written by a man with an ethanol tester.I asked Sainsburys garage what the ron was and they said 97.There is no connection between the two

Comment

• ethel

Hi Stuart 25db is in pieces again!!! I've just read all the posts on the forum re ethol and can add that I have used ethenol resistant slosh as sold by Paul Beck Vintage supplies and can categorically state it works well on steel even rusted with perforated damage , this is a 1925 car and I did not want to risk welding it if it blew it would be very expensive so I super glued old pennies over the bigger holes and filled with slosh and perfect job 3 years . but know I have an old racer with glass tank so I'm struggling as to what is the best route. probably the inevitable an ally job?

Comment

• If it is just for low mileage racing or parading, use race fuel. I have used Sunoco R6SR all year, 105 octane, guaranteed no ethanol, low lead, stable for 4/5 years. The cost is insignificant compared to the cost of entries and transport fuel. Their R5SR 101 octane would probably suffice and cheaper, just happened to start with R6SR and have no problems. Dogsbody

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post
                              The article was written by a man with an ethanol tester.I asked Sainsburys garage what the ron was and they said 97.There is no connection between the two
                              All supermarket petrol whether 95ron or superunleaded; Tesco's being 99ron; contain ethanol. Just 3 litres of Tesco s/unleaded stripped the paint off the inside of the filler in my Norton petrol tank overnight; that was just the fumes.
                              The only superunleaded you can be sure still contains no ethanol is BP, but even then, that does not apply to all regions of the country. ALL pump petrol in the south west; Cornwall, Devon, Somerset etc contains ethanol; period. Also, I believe, in Scotland. In the south-east, Midlands and oop north, you will be ok with BP Ultimate, but that is about it.

Comment

• I have been trying to get BP top fuel at Arundel for 3 months now each time i ask our indian friends who seem to own most of these franchised garages nowadays all i am told is the pump is not working we are waiting to get it fixed , Yeah !! i bet this will be discontinued next 3 Months to mend a pump? come on pull the other one .:

Comment

Working...
                                X