Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security

As you may remember, I had my 20T nicked from my garage last July. I just wondered what members recommended for keeping your pride and joy safe and sound.
    Mine seems to have been targeted as they ignored the ping golf clubs, expensive mountain bike and my tools. I now have a PIR fitted inside the garage and lock up the mountain bikes and golf clubs.

Andy - same story with me I'm afraid. Had my '57 RE Bullet nicked from the garage during the day (and I am usually around as I work from home). It had a padlock and chain on it too. Nothing else was touched - again, expensive mountain bike, trolley jack, other more valuable m/cs, had all the hallmarks of a professional job. Looked targetted but who would want to take a bike not worth very much? Trouble was, it was worth a lot to me as it had been totally reliable for 20 years. Answer is that you cannot stop this happening, only put obstacles and delay in the way. I suppose a very secure garage with a monitored alarm (which is how a friend of mine protects his motcrossers) Rob.

Comment

Security

I did hear a rumour high velocity lead poisoning works wonders in these cases, also helps prevent reoccurrence, if only !
      Merely echoing the thoughts of millions mediators!!!
      Last edited by Sprocket; 20/04/2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

No problem. The Tony Martin approach eh?
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Just need to ensure they have the bike on the stand before administering said poison (and aim well above the tank!)

Comment

Working...
          X