Dick Clayton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Clayton

Does anyone know which was Dick Claytons best season in the British Championship, I saw him race many times in the late 1960s and early 1970s
    in the north and midlands and was a bit of a fan of his,
    I am sure that being an ex Greeves factory rider he must have finished in the top 6 at some point probably in the 250cc championship,

or does anyone have a email address for him,

Tommo ,

Dick was one of only two riders I kept in touch with when they left Greeves ,
    the other being Vic Allan .

Could not tell you of his best year , I don't think there is an e-mail address for him . We used to chat once a year on the phone .

The last time I tried he had left his Wife and it all got a bit messy and I haven't hear from him since .

For the full story Google - Councillor Richard Clayton .

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
      finally tracked down Dick , and we had a good chat about his racing career, he seems to think that 1970 was his best season riding the Greeves,

Comment

Tommo ,

Where is he ? , perhaps you can send me his details by personal message .

Chris

Comment

details are sent,

does anyone have any contact details for Chris Horsefield , Arthur Browning
          or any other top ex Greeves riders,

Comment

Tommo
            Have sent you an email with a possible tel number for Arthur Browning
            but cant help with Chris Horsfield. He used to have a motor bike shop in Evesham but nothing coming up on Google. & cant find a Horsfield living in the area on www.192.com So maybe he has moved, emigrated or died!!

Comment

Tommo ,

Dick Clayton gave me a call today and we had a good long reminisence .

Arthur is in the Birmingham phone book , Chris Horse is still about and Arthur will know where he is .

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X