Stafford show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford show

Bikes arriving for the Stafford show. Regalia etc in place tomorrow.Click image for larger version

Name:	394255E2-ED87-4244-9D71-B5E8F5DC3FD2.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	567.9 KB
ID:	90987

• SundayClick image for larger version

Name:	86AE9F2D-4549-4B73-A6FC-0B1EDD56C7FB.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	524.5 KB
ID:	90994

Comment

Very disappointed with the show this year. Number of traders didn’t even come back on Sunday business was so poor, the chap who does stainless nbw in the back hall wasn’t there nor Villiers services and the stall with odd lengths of alloy bar.

Comment

Personally I got some good parts, challenger barrel, 7 inch brake plate and a number of small parts. Gary also picked up some good parts as well. One of the stainless traders was there as I ordered some Ranger racks as was Stainless Hogan who does bolts etc. True there were not as many traders however still a lot there. Personally I don’t mind if VS and other Greeves sellers are not there as there is more opportunity to find the parts before they hoover them up.

2 rosettes awarded- One for Gary Bamford’s 25SA and one for Ian Hodges 360 Challenger.

Comment

It Is a pity that the majority,if not all [cannot see the far exhibit] of the entries where competion bikes. Surely there is enough roadster members in that area which could help to balance the display, Not intended to be a criticism, just an observation. Regards Les.

Comment

Originally posted by mayfield View Post
            It Is a pity that the majority,if not all [cannot see the far exhibit] of the entries where competion bikes. Surely there is enough roadster members in that area which could help to balance the display, Not intended to be a criticism, just an observation. Regards Les.
            Good point Les, but road bikes have always been the in the minority, and of course far less were built than the comp bikes. Another reason may be that whilst comp bike owners will have vans to transport their bikes, road bike owners dont generally own one, and with most of us now getting to advanced years a cold 250 mile (or more) ride to Stafford and back on today's busy roads is not really something many would relish on a 60+ year old bike. These sort of shows have never been an appeal to me, if I go to a show it would be a local one, and probably a show with all types of vehicles, cars, bikes, commercials, steam etc.

Comment

You're right Les, just the one pure road bike on display, although three of eight were road registered. If you're able to boost the numbers you'll be very welcome to display at the October show, just let me know. Kevin.

Comment

Hi. Kevin, As I have a personal interest in the Bristol show where I exhibit [ subject to spaces ] to keep the balance, It has worked so far. Regards Les.

Comment

That was my 32DC at the end, Les. A point to bear in mind is that the GRA are positioned in the Competition Hall, so off-roaders are expected there. The inclusion of a roadster or 2 is good from visitors' points of view, if they are unfamiliar with the marque, as they can see the close connection between the road- and off-roaders. I do feel that hall gets missed by many visitors though. DOT, by comparison, get a very good position in the main hall.

Ian C.

Comment

Thanks Ian, I was unaware that the GRA was in the competition hall, [ I now feel less stressed ] Regards Les.

Comment

Just going back to this, I would prefer if we were in the main hall, as the footfall is massively more than in the competition hall. The other side of that is we got a reasonable amount of space (although there were only 8 machines on the stand, so didn't need much!), whereas when we were in the main hall last year, because Covid was still biting with fewer club displays, the space we were given was a joke. The bikes were crammed in with no attempt at a tidy display possible, with overlapping handlebars meaning it was impossible to walk between the machines to have a good look at them.

Is this because of what we request, or what we are given? Other 2-stroke clubs of the period had much more central, larger areas where a proper display was possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X