No announcement yet.

100 Mile Scramble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each team member has his own bike allocated from one of four different bike classes. I guess they can swop bikes at the start but all four riders and all four bikes need to complete a riding stint to qualify for maximum points ................ I think?

Comment

Interesting.
      Thanks John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
        Will you be joining one of the teams?
        It had crossed my mind, John. It would mean booking accommodation for Friday and Saturday night (I don't do camping anymore!) and a day off work on the Friday for travelling, so a bit to consider. It does sound like fun though!

Ian C.

Comment

And it's a great track to ride, Ian (from what I remember of it!)

Regret I have a prior engagement on 8 May, otherwise I might be tempted back out of "retirement" ........... yet again!

Go for it, Ian. You only live once!

JR

Comment

I wouldn't be riding, John, if I did go. I have never ridden in a scramble in my life, and think it could be a bit late to start!

It may not be practical to go anyway, as, Covid willing, I am booked for the Goodwood Member's Meeting the following weekend.

Ian C.

Comment

I know the old man really enjoyed it the year he went. I have added it to the website calendar. Of course would be great to come along and see it this year but all depends on travel restrictions etc.

Comment

Most event organisers are planning events with a view to running if possible, but everyone knows that cancellation is a very real prospect. Keep watching the relevant websites.

Comment

This is not looking good following the PM's 'roadmap' yesterday.

Ian C.

Comment

I'll keep an eye on their website, but I would expect this to be moved to their July 10/11 weekend, covid willing!

Comment

AAAH.....Regulations are available for their Scramble on Sunday 9th May, but not a word regarding the 100 mile event on the previous day.

Comment

Hi Brian

Hope all is good.

Thought I'd confirm (as you know) the 100 miler isn't happening at Mortimer, probably because no spectators are allowed.

However there are all the usual classes (no dedicated Greeves class)

But at least we have south Devon on the 4th, Woodford (with 3 dedcicated Greeves races) on the 18th and May 9th for Mortimer.

So that's 3X the events I did last year.

Comment

It was confirmed to me that they will only be running the Sunday event and not the Saturday. I have also seen to the effect that the 100 mile event will be held next year and not later this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X