100 Mile Scramble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Mile Scramble.

Mortimer Classic MC have announced their meeting dates and their date for the 100 miler is May 8th. God and Covid willing obviously! For those new to this event, it is a fun event for all concerned, and by all, I mean the pit crews have as much fun as the riders, so volunteers are needed to assist the 4 man (non-exclusive, obviously!) team with rider changes and general repair, first aid and sustenance.

UPDATE! There has been much discussion on this event on an alternative medium... Names are coming forward and if all of these come out to play, we may have 3 Greeves Teams. Obviously we will need a lot of pit crew members as well.

Comment

Where and when???

Comment

Bennetts Hill, (Ameys Copse), Burghfield near Reading, Saturday May 8th.
        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 03/01/2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Many thanks
          any overnight camping/pub/b&b nearby?

Comment

Very likely, Peter. I usually make the day return trip.
            Enquire of the Mortimer Classic MCC via their website, or Brian (Catt) may know (?)

Comment

I think camping is possible, particularly if one of the competitors sends you a Pit Pass.

Comment

Have a word with Mark Bosher of the Mortimer Club. There may be passes available for Pit Crew, if that is your intention. Otherwise, you'd probably be welcomed to join one of the teams as a rider.

Comment

What is a 100 miler event ?
                  Thanks.

whitehillbilly

Comment

It's an annual scrambles event which is probably unique to the Mortimer Classic Motorcycle Club in the UK, which involves a one-day continuing competition between teams of riders in which individual members of each team take it in turns for an allotted period to ride against one another, with a paddock-assisted changeover to the next member of the team until all team members have completed their riding stint. It is essentially a relay race which has the potential for any one team to cover 100 miles of the Mortimer track in the process. The actual number of laps a team may cover is not limited, hence a faster team may finish the day closer to the 100 miles, and the finishing order of the teams is judged according to the number of laps they complete, also taking into account their overall time ................. I think (?)
                    Teams must include a mix of Classic scramble bikes from different machine-age classes.
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 05/01/2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

How many bikes/riders per team, John? The Mortimer CMCC website doesn't give details, rules etc; unless I am not looking in the right place, which is quite possible!

Ian C.

Comment

Brian has already answered that question in his opening post, Ian, hence I didn't repeat him. See above, it's 4.

Take care, and stay safe!

John R
                        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 05/01/2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Ooops! Thanks, John & Brian. I should have gone to Specsavers....

Ian C.

Comment

No problem, Ian. Will you be joining one of the teams?

Comment

Do team members use the same bike, or can the ride any of the bikes in the team ?

Comment

Working...
                              X