Greeves Championship round in North Devon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Championship round in North Devon

Anyone interested in doing a North Devon round of the Greeves championship, probably next year now.

Dave Harper will agree subject to a) a suitable track eg Coombe martin etc b) we can get 20 riders to commit to race subject to acceptable dates.

We may run on the Saturday of the North Devon Classic, but this is subject to many things.

I have 17 names so far but don't have contact numbers for many Greeves Riders.

if you want to be included in the discussion and I have not spoken or messaged you then please respond here.

Kind regards and John

Hi John, if you message me the names you already have, I will try to add to them. It's a good few years now since many of us used to make a regular long trip for Championship points at Berrynarbor, but you never know ................... Never say Never, eh?
    Several potential "names" subscribe to Facebook, of course, so may well respond on there.
    Dave, too, always used to keep contact info .......... Have you asked him?
    First things first, though, you'll need to see how the North Devon (Atlantic) Classic Motorcycle Club feel about the prospect ................ but doubtless you've already sorted that?
    JR

Comment

Thanks john
      I hope you and your family are well,
      Sorry I haven't messaged for a few weeks.
      I have sent you a private message re Devon
      Yes Dave Harper has been kept in the loop from day 1.
      I'm up to 21 confirmed (from 24 approached) subject to dates
      Kind regards John
      Last edited by John macleod; 26/08/2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Have added a few who were younger contenders when the earlier North Devon meetings were Greeves rounds, John. Otherwise, you look to have confirmed many of the names I had in mind.

All good here, thanks ................. but there's still time!

Take care.

JR

Comment

Thank you John.
          That's very useful as always. A great help!
          Many guys I dont know, but I'll contact them all over the next few weeks.
          We're up to 23 confirmed riders subject to availability on whatever dates are agreed with the North Devon Classic /pre 65 clubs, probably for Coombe Martin (next year)
          I think its going to be a good event, still about 15 guys to chase up and another 12 to contact
          The idea is to hopefully run the pre 65 boys on the Saturday so the twin shocks can run on Sunday.
          We're liaising with the Pre 65 club too, so its all co-ordinated with the Greeves championship
          The idea is for it to be a dedicated Greeves round - so probably 3 races to count.
          Probably run by the Devon Classic guys but watch this space
          I wonder if I can persuade Wild Wade to show the youngsters how to ride properly (oops just dreaming)!

Kind regards John
          Last edited by John macleod; 28/08/2020, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Freddie Mayes too, perhaps?

Comment

Yep great idea, I'll add him to your list /our list !

Comment

Suspect, too, that there may be several of the older contenders interested in a celebration event in 2021, John. It'll be the 20th Anniversary year for Dave's brilliant Championship .............

Comment

Thanks John,
                  Yes, any more names please throw in my direction.
                  We're up to 29 Yes,
                  5 No
                  25 to follow up or ask
                  Kind regards John
                  Last edited by John macleod; 07/09/2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X