Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Championship 2020 and ACU announcement

Greeves championship 2020.

Phoned Dave Harper today and he was in good form, still in lockdown!

Told him about the ACU annnouncement late last night suggesting we MAY we may be able to race from July 4th 2020 (no doubt if you're like me you're awaiting further clarification of this statement) -

see https://www.acu.org.uk/…/…/The-Wheels-are-Starting-to-Turn/… -

I never thought after 6 rounds of the Greeves championship (7 if you include June) that I'd be leading at this stage of the season,

Sam Boretech MX, Jos Goddard, Ray Wood et al you must be worried!

OK I'm equal first with about 50 other Greeves boys.

However, Dave Harper said John Runnacles is the run a way leader, apparently 20 points were awarded each week based upon calls to David Harper

You should worry, John Macleod, taking my name in vain. P-taking will only provoke a return of the dreaded mobile chicane ................. I kicked it over today, and it actually fired up! So be afraid, young man! Be very afraid!!
    Good to know that Dave is on form!

Comment

Haha Mr Runnacles

Hope all is well in the house on the hill!

I'm pleading the 5th, but actually it was Mr Harper's idea to put you out front (a previous Championship winner I think)!

Dave did say you'd been phoning almost daily so were all a very long way behind you (the good news is I'm second)!

I said "I'll never catch up" ....but Dave said "never say never where John Runnacles is concerned!"

Apparently in reality we're all second in the Championship AS Greg Radley won the Maylandsea round on his tractor.

According to Ray Wood I'm quicker on the straights but everyone, even the tractor are faster than me around the corners.

Glad to hear Nellie is firing well on her one cylinder, must be that electronic ignition that Charlie sneeked onto her when you let her out for a run.

Fingers crossed, hopefully see you very soon for a breakfast bap on me at Woodford on the 5th July - I'll even throw in the coffee.

Take care, Kind regards John
      Last edited by John macleod; 28/05/2020, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Copied from facebook pre 65 ref https://www.facebook.com/groups/pre65/

Peter Griffith Just to let everyone know we at Northampton Classic club will NOT be running at Woodford on July 5th.

However we have applied for another date August 23rd which has to be confirmed by AMCA.

Update : the AMCA have a board meeting scheduled for the 6th June, it will be during this meeting that the resumption of AMCA activities will be discussed, it is still the intention of the board to commence activity from the 4th July if allowed by Government guidelines that are in place at that time.https://www.amca.uk.com/.../motocross.../2662-amca-statement
        Last edited by John macleod; 31/05/2020, 02:36 AM.

Comment

The AMCA is looking to return to action initially with Practices commencing the weekend of the 4th July. This is all dependent on what government guidelines are in place at the time and are subject to change.

Licence Extension

In view of the Covid-19 pandemic the AMCA Board of Directors have taken the decision to extend the expiry date of the 2020 Licence until 1st May 2021.

Nationals

The AMCA Nationals scheduled to take place this in 2020 for the first season has unfortunately been cancelled until 2021, all riders who registered for the series can either (1) carry the registration over to the 2021 series at the 2020 price or (2) request a refund. The default option is (1) and to request a refund please email office@amca.uk.com

Motocross Practice Events 4th July onwards

The website will soon appear with clubs running practice days, the practice events will have certain restrictions

• Maximum of 80 riders

• No more than 20 riders on track

• 4 classes – The classes that can be run will follow the AMCA’s existing class structure (Inters/Juniors/Seniors/Experts or combinations of those classes that the rulebook allows)

• 4 sessions in a day

• Minimum of 15 minutes per session

• 2 metre social distance guidelines to be adhered to and follow instructions from Officials

• 10m bays for vehicle parking
          • A signing on form will be sent to the rider to print off and sign and take to the event and hand in

• No camping

• No spectators

• Rider plus 1 only

• Catering - At the discretion of the organising club and if it conforms to current guidelines

• Minimum of 2 Toilets

• No Start gate or PA

• £40 Entry fee

• AMCA licence holders only, no One Day Licences and all entries to be made in advance online

• The closing date for the Practice will be the Thursday 9:00am the week before (10 Days)

• Online late entry will be available for £50 up until the Tuesday 9:00am before (5 Days)

2020 Motocross Events
          At present for all current 2020 fixtures the riders will be stopped from entering online, any entries that have already made will be refunded. The 2020 fixture list will be compiled once we are able to resume racing. The price structure for licence holder entries will be £40 for a standard entry and £50 for a late entry, this is due to the increased costs associated and possible entry limitations.

2020 British Championship
          It has been agreed to take the decision on whether it will be possible to run the British Championship towards the end of this Month with a final decision to be made by early/mid July dependent on what guidelines are in place.

Comment

Working...
          X