Classic TT & Manx GP Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic TT & Manx GP Cancelled

Sadly, but I guess inevitably,the above have been cancelled. https://www.iomtt.com/news/2020/05/0...2020-cancelled I expect some of you are booked to go, as are 9 of us from Cornwall & West Devon who were due to ride up, not on Greeves I hasten to add! The tedious task of attempting to obtain refunds from the Steam Packet Company and accommodation providers could prove interesting. The Manx Government has had the border closed for some time, and until further notice. Can't blame them.

Ian C.

Not surprising really. A large proportion of the marshals are over 60 and social distancing would be impossible on the ferry even if lockdown was relaxed. As you say getting the money back from hotels may prove interesting if you don't want to to leave it for next year.

Comment

Fair play to the Steam Packet Company. I have just had a 'phone call from them to ask if I wish to defer my ticket to next year, or cancel. I think I flagged up because I booked under the VMCC discount scheme, which was for specific dates relating to the MGP & Classic TT. They will have rather a lot of 'phone calls to make....

Now for the accommodation, for which fortunately only a deposit has so far been paid.

Ian C.

Comment

Working...
      X