No announcement yet.

Stafford Show Postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect Mortons will keep postponing rather than cancel and have to give refunds. General consensus seems to be over 70s isolating until a vaccine is found, and I am afraid I feel that will apply to me. Hopefully lockdown will ease and I can ride somewhere other than the long way round to the shops. So far haven't been asked to remove helmet and neck tube, that and a pair of vinyl gloves gives me reasonable protection.

Comment

Looks to now be postponed/merged with the October show...

Comment

I noticed Bonhams are now showing Bicester 15/16 August with the Morbidelli collection and Stafford in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
          I noticed Bonhams are now showing Bicester 15/16 August with the Morbidelli collection and Stafford in October.
          All very MORBID

Comment

John, with a 125cc four cylinder Ducati expecting to bring £400,000 - 600,000 I think it is very much alive

Comment

Be interesting to see how the auction goes and what results will be achieved. With world economies in meltdown due to Covid there may not be many with spare cash to invest

Comment

Those with the cash will probably have an open field.

Comment

With talk of negative interest rates, ie the bank charges you interest for looking after your money, buying a bike that will hold it's value or even go up looks even more attractive. And you get to see something that gives you pleasure, a bike, a painting, a watch or whatever takes your fancy. Warning. Women don't come into the category of assets

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                    With talk of negative interest rates, ie the bank charges you interest for looking after your money, buying a bike that will hold it's value or even go up looks even more attractive. And you get to see something that gives you pleasure, a bike, a painting, a watch or whatever takes your fancy. Warning. Women don't come into the category of assets
                    Maybe, but this puts more bikes out of circulation from genuine owners who want to ride them rather than lock them away as investments. The other point is will future generations see these as 'collectors items' , we are already seeing many classic vehicles cut about to make custom cars bikes etc. Many bikes being made into 'bobbers', or 'low boys' past history means nothing to some people.

Comment

Mortons have today emailed GRA Chairman Dave Bradley to inform us that they will not be promoting any more shows in 2020. They will be putting together a programme for 2021, however, so maybe there's life beyond lockdown..

So no shows this year, folks. Telford feels like a distant memory. Heigh-ho.
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

At least those of us with road registered bikes can get out and ride them, lovely weather for that. Major shows like Mortons are of no interest to me anyway.

Comment

Thanks Colin. No surprise really, Thousands of over 70s shoulder to shoulder was never going to be on Possibility of a couple of Classic shows outdoors, Cholmondeley and Capesthorne so no problem of keeping a sensible distance.

Comment

Working...
                          X