Stafford Show Postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford Show Postponed

Morton's have ben in touch to let us know that the Stafford Show (25th/26th April) has been postponed. An awful shame because the GRA had been allocated a spacious stand in pretty much the best position in the main hall and Dave Bradley and Mike Norris had fourteen bikes lined up.

Morton's are intending to re-arrange the show for a later date during the summer. They will publicise the date once it has been established. The GRA will still be supporting the show, so if anyone fancies taking a bike to Stafford please get in touch with Dave Bradley. Contact details in Leading Link.

Colin
    Colin Sparrow

Possibly!!!!

Comment

Unlikely that events will be getting back on track by then. Glasto has been cancelled today and that was not till 24th June. I think we have to accept a total right off of events for 2020

Comment

Mortons wrote to me informing me of the date change and I spoke to then. The dates are the only ones available this year. The latest hibernation date for the 'old' is 11 June. With this in mind all the club exhibitors have agreed to show at Stafford in June.
        For goodness sake lets stop being so negative especially if you are not involved in club shows.
        It seems that some members want the club only to exist on the forum

Comment

Mike. I dont think anyone is being negative and suggesting the club should only exist on the forum, in fact the forum is one way we can all keep in touch during these grim times. I think it is pretty obvious that the Corona virus thing is going (as the Government have consistently stated) to be a long haul and its unlikely we will be anywhere back to normal by June. Yes shows are part of the life of a small number of members, but not the main function or interest to the majority, lots of members are doing there own thing and working on restorations in their own shed/workshop, something that can continue even if you have self isolated yourself. Its these members who can benefit from an active forum.

Comment

I don't think Glastonbury is a fair comparison - there is simply far far more to be done in advance for that than there is for the Stafford show!

Dates now given are Friday 11th and Saturday 12th June.

Comment

I think john is just being realistic, at present the government are predicting that with cooperation from the public, the peak of the virus could be on the turn within 12 weeks.
              That takes it to the end of june, but we are in uncharted waters, no one knows what the human & economic cost is going to be, so despite brave attempts to front it out, i persoinally don`t think there will be much appetite for close contact social events for the rest of this year. but as i said, even the experts are only best guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                I think john is just being realistic, at present the government are predicting that with cooperation from the public, the peak of the virus could be on the turn within 12 weeks.
                That takes it to the end of june, but we are in uncharted waters, no one knows what the human & economic cost is going to be, so despite brave attempts to front it out, i persoinally don`t think there will be much appetite for close contact social events for the rest of this year. but as i said, even the experts are only best guessing.
                I think that we might as well forget shows and meetings for the rest of this year.Get in the garage and finish the rebuilds.Get out on the bike.No danger of infection and will probably keep us from going stir crazy.Let others fight in the shops. On a practical note how can we get a bike inspected for registering? Surely we can do it with dozens of photos at no risk to anybody.

Comment

Stuart, I agree. This year or summer at least for me as an over 70 with health issues is not going to happen. I am avoiding people and keeping to myself as much as possible. I have not even put an entry in for Mallory as even if it were to go ahead I wouldn't go. I doubt Stafford in June is viable.
                  Ref bike inspection, the Bantam club ask for a rubbing of the frame number to stop someone just taking a pic of another frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                    Stuart, I agree. This year or summer at least for me as an over 70 with health issues is not going to happen. I am avoiding people and keeping to myself as much as possible. I have not even put an entry in for Mallory as even if it were to go ahead I wouldn't go. I doubt Stafford in June is viable.
                    Ref bike inspection, the Bantam club ask for a rubbing of the frame number to stop someone just taking a pic of another frame.
                    We had the rubbings before the actual inspections took over.We could do it again.Inspections are now not safe .We need something or Greeves will not be put back on the road where they belong.

Comment

Why are inspections unsafe?

Comment

Potential risk of virus infection to high risk group.

I can't see why a video /Facetime from a phone cannot be used - it would be dated can show close up's of the frame and engine number and show the owner and complete bike. Supplementary photos can be attached with the competed form.

Comment

I do agree that a different method of inspecting could be devised, given the spread-out nature of the membership, which can mean taking a machine very great distances, Tony's idea sounds good.

Ian
                          Last edited by IanCordes; 23/03/2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I got a flyer in the post today from Morton's saying the show is going to be on 15th/16th August.

Comment

A bit optomistic I think as social distancing is due to continue for many months yet, possibly into next year, and 'social' events which involve crowds in close contact will be the last to get the green light Its more important that we can get back on our bikes and ride them.

Comment

Working...
                              X