Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telford

A busy day on the Saturday at the Telford Off road show with plenty of interest in the Greeves on display. Some new members signed up and some good spares in the autojumble.
    Well done the Greeves stand organisers

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0547.JPG Views:	0 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	80026

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0551.JPG Views:	0 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	80028
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tony; 16/02/2020, 10:17 PM.

Tony - I agree about the stand and the work done by the team. To be told by Peter S about our late chairman rather took the gloss off the day for me. Dont know where you found the good spares in the jumble, we got in at 8-20 on Saturday and were sadly disappointed with the amount of Greeves stuff present, couldn't even fnd the Bantam stuff on my shopping list. The two rather tatty Scottishes (Scotti !) with prices over £3K makes me think that mine must be worth over £5K - but of course it isnt. Some optimistic sellers I think. Best Greeves for me was the imported Challenger with lights. Pity it wasnt on our stand.
    Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

The spares were there, I bought a new Alpha crank, set of NOS crankcases, the guy in front of me bought 3 alloy tanks. Steve from Villiers Services put out a box with NOS BHC brake parts, rods and other parts. I think sometimes it is luck, as those parts sold within minutes so you would never know they were for sale. The only bits you tend to see are either expensive or crap. You are right about the price of bikes, but then they always seem to be expensive at shows, fishing for someone with more money and not well informed.

Comment

Wish I had seen the tanks! All we saw were some fork "legs". Our problem is lack of knowledge and experience with Villiers engines, we know all about BSA especially Bantam and unit construction engines. We did see a motor marked as a 32A but it could have been anything. The way Villiers engines are marked or not marked just confuses us.
        Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Originally posted by 350biker View Post
          Tony - I agree about the stand and the work done by the team. To be told by Peter S about our late chairman rather took the gloss off the day for me. Dont know where you found the good spares in the jumble, we got in at 8-20 on Saturday and were sadly disappointed with the amount of Greeves stuff present, couldn't even fnd the Bantam stuff on my shopping list. The two rather tatty Scottishes (Scotti !) with prices over £3K makes me think that mine must be worth over £5K - but of course it isnt. Some optimistic sellers I think. Best Greeves for me was the imported Challenger with lights. Pity it wasnt on our stand.
          Dad would've been proud of such a great line-up of bikes! He was all set to come up, he was going to bring my MX4 I think.

Tony, thanks for sharing the photos.

Comment

So nice to see some new bikes on the stand well done all of you

Comment

Working...
            X