Popham Show 11th August Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popham Show 11th August Tickets

As you all know by now i am sure, this year the tickets for the entrants for the GRA Marque that is shared with other clubs as well, we now have to apply direct to Popham Airfield website! in other years they sent tickets to Rob who would then distribute to our members who were showing there Machines . So those that have entered the event could they please contact me by email at richard55.faggetter@mypostoffice.co.uk then we will know how many bikes you are bringing ant what machines they are ie Road, Trials, Scrambles Grass track Road racers ,or what! as this will help us lay out the display in advance, thank you all taht are attending Dicky

Any members who have just logged on today, the sooner they can let me know the better if they are coming to the Popham show the better thanks Dicky

Comment

I have only just found this thread, after seeing a reminder about it in August LL. I have just been on the relevant website and booked a ticket for my 20DC (with 262cc scrambles top-end). Today is the last day to book tickets, apparently. Trouble is Dicky, I booked it in hope over expectation, without a clue how I will get the bike there. It is almost a 400 mile round trip from here in not-so-sunny Cornwall. No, I won't be riding it there, I wouldn't have any fillings left! I am trying to come up with a cunning plan.....

Comment

That is no problem Ian, we shall look forward to seing you there on the DC, it should have been put in the mag with my contact mail address earlier

Comment

Don't forget to pop along to Popham this weekend, fellas …………...…………. or has it fallen victim to the "extreme weather"?
          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 10/08/2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

No John, it's still on OK! Last I heard, they were taking down the marquee but the suppliers had promised to have it re-erected by 0700 hrs tomorrow, as the wind should have dropped by then!

Come on down! If anyone is bringing a Greeves to display and doesn't have a ticket/pass, give me a ring on my mobile once you arrive and I will come down to the gate and sort it out. Number is: 07860 368276.

Comment

Good news, indeed, Rob. Regret can't make it myself but have a good day, all!

Comment

Fantastic turn out by Greeves riders, 30 bikes on the stand. Good to meet up and chat with those displaying their bikes. A lot of interest in the bikes from people walking through the marquee.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sounds great! Sorry I couldn't figure a way of getting my Greeves there. I feel a new thread emerging......

Comment

I have been informed there was a Tri Greeves at Popham frame number 24MDS138 not sure if this is road registered now BUT I can tell the owner that it was registered BOO425 on 6/4/62 to Don Smith Motorcycles. The reg number is not currently on DVLA BUT there is a record at Essex Records Office http://www.essexrecordoffice.co.uk/ I took a note of it when searching another bike a few years ago. So with a copy of the registration record the number can be recovered via the V765 scheme.
                    So if anyone knows the owner would they pass this info on please.

Update; The owner has now been identified and has been advised how to proceed to regain the original number.

This is the bike in question
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (38).jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	77041
                    Last edited by John Wakefield; 13/08/2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Nice Mk2 25DD seen on British 2 Stroke Club stand at Popham. Frame No 25DD512 registered APC512B Is it owned by a club member?
                      (Pic Richard Brown)
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1050793.jpg Views:	2 Size:	413.6 KB ID:	77016

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                        I have been informed there was a Tri Greeves at Popham frame number 24MDS138 not sure if this is road registered now BUT I can tell the owner that it was registered BOO425 on 6/4/62 to Don Smith Motorcycles. The reg number is not currently on DVLA BUT there is a record at Essex Records Office http://www.essexrecordoffice.co.uk/ I took a note of it when searching another bike a few years ago. So with a copy of the registration record the number can be recovered via the V765 scheme.
                        So if anyone knows the owner would they pass this info on please.

Update; The owner has now been identified and has been advised how to proceed to regain the original number.
                        The owner is a really nice chap, I'm sure he'll be pleased to know that. Also has done a great job building the bike.

Comment

I am writing a report on the event and Rob is supplying the pictures he assures me , over 32 Greeves in attendance !! it must be the best ever collection at a show, it was a shame about a big glitch regarding the club stand regalia, but this must never occur again, may i say that it was so nice to have quite a lot of new members showing, my thanks to all who attended , and it was very encouraging . Also it would be nice to know if any one can attend and show there bikes at the Perce Simon Reunion on Monday 2nd September, as i have mentioned before a great day to meet stars of yesterday and collect autographs, and have a chat as well, and walk the old sections and also consume as much Tea, Coffee, and biscuits as you can manage, Mike Jackson and Dave Fremantle we be in the firing line to try and make the day go well, (it allways has done before) lets hav a good attendance and the doors of Ibsley village hall will be open i think from about 10 30.

Old Ibsley is just off the Ringwood, to Fordingbridge road aprox 3 miles north of Ringwood anyone intrested can phone me on 01903 883948, or mail me on richard55.faggetter@mypostoffice.co.uk

Comment

Does anyone know who the owner of the 32D was at Popham?

Comment

Some more pics of BOO 425 from facebook c/o owner Nigel Turner
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X