No announcement yet.

New Scrambles Book to be published.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest on the new book is that I have been in touch with the publisher and he assures me that the book will be very different from Paul Stephen's book. It will look at each individual rider featured in a biographical form giving details of his career. I am sufficiently encouraged by this to now be looking forward to it's release. I believe the launch is scheduled for the Telford Show but pre-ordered copies will be available in advance.

I have a copy of the advertising leaflet in pdf format which I will mail to anyone interested.

Comment

'Out Front' Scrambles Book.

The original page on the Panther Publishing website has been updated with more information including a cover picture of the new book, and you can also sign up for advanced notification of the publishing date; http://www.panther-publishing.co.uk/...p?contentID=53

Brian.

Comment

STOP PRESS!

I now have a copy of 'Out Front', just arrived and have only had a quick glance at it.

HOWEVER, I CAN CONFIRM IT IS EXCELLENT!!

It is written quite differently to the Paul Stephen's book. His is written by year, well supported by pictures. 'Out Front' is written on the basis of a biography for each of the stars featured.

Loads of Greeves coverage but then there has to be with Dave Bickers, Badger Goss and Bryan Wade covered to name but three.

The photographs are also excellent, well chosen to illustrate the text and are mostly half-page so lots of detail. A number of great Greeves shots as well. The text also looks highly readable.

I've only just arrived home and found it waiting for me so it's only been in my possession 15 minutes so more when I've had a proper look. I'm going to try and save this one for Christmas but I don't think it will wait!

However, my advice is to ORDER ONE NOW otherwise you will regret it when it joins all the other high-priced unobtanium on eBay!

It is available NOW and in time for Christmas if you move fast!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,
          Thanks for the review! - Just ordered my copy and looking forward to some christmas reading
          Cheers Kim

Comment

Out front

Just recieved a copy of OUT FRONT and agree with Rob excellent book. Got mine from Amazon £16.07 inc P&P. Bargain

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
              Just recieved a copy of OUT FRONT and agree with Rob excellent book. Got mine from Amazon £16.07 inc P&P. Bargain
              MIne arrived on wednesday - had read it by friday - and mailed it yesterday to my Dad as his xmas present. Great read - some great insights into the riders adn their machinary Cheers Kim

Comment

Meet the Champs!

The book Out Front has now been published and will be launched at the Telford Classic Off Road show Feb 12-13. We hope to have many of the the British Motocross champions from the 1960s and 70s there signing copies of Ian Berry’s much acclaimed new book Out FRONT! British Motocross Champions 1960-74 – so bring your copy along and get it autographed by the author and the stars themselves! We have two signing sessions lined up for early afternoon on both days of the show so don’t miss out. If you want more information on this new book then take a look here. We will look forward to seeing many of you at our stand at the show.
                Rollo

Comment

Great book!

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                  MIne arrived on wednesday - had read it by friday - and mailed it yesterday to my Dad as his xmas present. Great read - some great insights into the riders adn their machinary Cheers Kim
                  Blimey Kim, you must be a fast reader!!! I'm still ploughing my way through it, though having said that it is very readable, just bigger than I expected. Thoroughly recommended to anyone interested in motocross in the 50s and 60s.

Cheers,
                  Andrew

Comment

book

great book that and large period photos slight inaccuarcies as the challenger with dave bickers was a mx2/3 but very good !

gary gwillam

Comment

Amazon now has Out Front listed at 13 pounds 20p - a great buy!
                      (sorry, my computer doesn't have an English Pounds symbol)
                      Mike

Comment

Got my copy yesterday, almost all read. Great photos, interesting articles. All I have to do is get some autographs - looks like I'll have to come back to visit again - good excuse!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X