Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leading Link Binders

Binders for storing copies of Leading Link

Some years ago the GRA stocked blue Cordex binders for the storage of Leading Link newsletters. Over a period of years they sold out and the demand dwindled and they were no longer stocked.
    Recently the Committee has found new interest from members for having newsletter binders again and has commissioned a batch of 100 binders which are now in stock.

The binders are bound in the nearest shade of blue that is available to the original binders and come with the Leading Link logo and text printed in gold vertically on the spine. They have 24 cords which will hold around 12 copies of the current sized Leading Link, and rather more copies of the older thinner issues. There is an instruction sheet supplied with each binder for installing the newsletters.

Cost per binder at shows etc is £5.50 each.

By post the cost unfortunately goes up considerably as shown here:

1 x binder including packing and second class UK post is £8.60
    2 x binders as above £14.10
    3 x binders as above £20.10
    4 x binders as above £28.20
    5 x binders as above £36.50
    6 x binders as above £42.00

To Order: Please use the Regalia Order form (or a photocopy) in Leading Link.
    You can also download a Regalia Order form from the GRA website.
    In either case post the completed form with your cheque to:

Peter Smith, 6 St Georges Road, Winsford. Cheshire. CW7 1DA

Payment: Cheques made payable to Greeves Riders Association.
    Please note that our bank will not accept cheques made out to ‘GRA’.

Overseas postage rates available on request.

Peter Smith, Regalia Officer. July 2013

ERMMM 2 lots of 3 is cheaper than 6???? And a 2 and a 3 is cheaper than a 5 pack.....No doubt due to Post Office prices.
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 28/07/2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Binders

Excellent news Rob. My order is in the post this evening.

We could open a whole new can of worms debating the Post Office price structure.................

Comment

Phil (and Brian) - here is Pete's answer:

I note that Brian Catt has commented on the prices; 2 lots of 3 are cheaper than 6 etc. He is entirely correct. It is due to the vagaries of the Post Office charging system based on weight and size of packages.
        I also found it inconsistent when I went to get them weighed/priced at our local P.0. and to be double sure it was not a mistake I took the binders to another P.0.
        Their weight/pricing was exactly the same as the first P.O. so at least the postage costs are accurate if inconsistent with logical thinking.

It's one of those things that I'm sure members who order binders will regularly point out in the coming weeks and months.

Whatever people think of the current postage charges one thing you can be pretty sure of is that whilst they my seem expensive now they will be even more expensive come next April, when the PO brings in its annual price hike.

Peter

Comment

The Postal pricing has already been highlighted on the TV, pointing out the fact that a preferred size pack will always be cheaper than an "out of norm" size. 50 years ago when I was looking for a job, my Dad told me not to follow him into the Post Office. His opinion was that between the Unions and the Government, the Post Office would eventually crumble to nothing. I think it has lasted a bit longer than his prediction, but it's doing it's best to get there!

Comment

Binders for L-L

The most important thing here is that the club has fulfilled it's committment to re-stock binders. A big thankyou to Rob, and particularly Pete Smith for posting them out. Previously I've posted many packages for the GRA and I know it's a thankless task..............................

Comment

Glad you are pleased Phil, we aim to please! I know you have done your bit in the past and know what it is like! This type of thing is a good experience for anybody as I found out when I edited a couple of copies of Leading Link!

I now fully understand the work involved and know what you did and Colin does now!

That's the binders sorted then, the task of persuading people to ride (and even compete on) their bikes continues!

Comment

Bound up

Just to say that the binders arrived yesterday. Another volume stowed safely.

Comment

Mine arrived safely, many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X