Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Tips For Greeves' / 'The Griff On Greeves'; Motorcycle Mechanics and Motor Cycle.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Tips For Greeves' / 'The Griff On Greeves'; Motorcycle Mechanics and Motor Cycle.

'Tips For Greeves' / 'The Griff On Greeves'-Articles from Motorcycle Mechanics July 1961 and Motor Cycle Sept 1963.

Following on from Chris posting the info on 'Factory Men' seen in the magazine article listed on eBay (http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=3112), which prompted me to dig these out and scan them, I thought I'd share them on here for people who haven't seen them before. Greeves owners will find much useful info in these classic magazine articles, especially those new to Greeves. Might save someone a bit of money as well....

Hope everyone enjoys seeing them.

Brian.

PS To all Greeves owning non GRA members reading this...don't say we don't do anything for you......now do the right thing and JOIN THE CLUB before I decide to move it to the 'Members Only' area...! I have LOTS more like this....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/01/2014, 04:15 PM. Reason: Pics re-attached, to BC spec....!

Very interesting read Brian, thanks for all the effort in posting them on the forum.
    Andrew.

Comment

Glad it was appreciated!

Hi Andy,

My pleasure mate, and thanks for your kind response, as always

Hope it's all good with you.

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/01/2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Greeves articles

Brian

Just what I need as I learn about my new acquisition.

Is it possible for you to send them to my private email address so that I can print them off. I will pm you it

By the way I have just sent yoiu another pm - I am a newly paid up memeber

Thanks

Ron

Comment

Greeves Articles etc.

Hi Ron,

Glad the articles are of use.

I've sent you replies to your PM's regarding copies of the articles and upgrading your forum membership from 'Basic User' to 'GRA Member'. Incidently, if anyone needs more info on this click on this link; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...hread.php?t=84

Don't worry about letting me know about incoming PM's-I always know when one arrives in my inbox.

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/03/2012, 08:36 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Hi Brian,
            Thanks for posting this stuff. Can you tell a Luddite if there any way to enlarge the pages so they can be copied and printed off the forum? I know if I click on the thumbnails they do enlarge a bit, but not enough to read them and I cannot seem to be able to make them any bigger.
            Is there a special secret known only to computer nerds?
            Stan

Comment

This nerd prefers Whitworth spanners!

Hi Stan,

My pleasure, and thank you for all your valued contributions on here too.

Here's what you could do;

1. Click on ('open') the picture ('thumbnail') to view it as normal.

2. Using your mouse/touch pad, place your cursor (finger, arrow, whatever it is on your system) somewhere on the image.

3. Right-click on your mouse/touch pad. You should see a 'menu' appear on the screen. Look down the options listed, then place your cursor on 'Save As' and right-click again.

4. You will see another 'window' appear somewhere on your screen. Notice there is a 'Title' bar with the name of the image, usually a mixture of whatever the image may have been titled with already, along with some goobledegook (i.e. The Griff000**%$%On&%£$Gree^^&j.peg or something!) You can click on this and change it to something more recognisable to make it easier to find later, before you 'save it', which is the final step.

5. Look in the new 'window' for the 'Save' button and right-click. The image will now be on your computer (usually in your 'Pictures' area if it is a j.peg image, as most pics are.) Go into your pictures area on your computer and find the image then open it to view. Somewhere on the page you should find a pair of + and - icons/buttons. Place your cursor on the 'plus' icon and right-click. You should find this will enlarge the pic by one 'step'. Click again, for an increase, and so on. You can then use the 'slider bars' at the top and side of the page to move the image around. On some systems, you can place your cursor somewhere on the enlarged image and by right-clicking and holding it you will see a little 'hand' appear and you can 'grab' the enlarged image and move it around that way. Somewhere on the page you should also find a 'print' icon as well....

Hope this helps you (and others who may benefit from the above directions) out.

Happy viewing!

Brian.

Comment

click on thumb nail as normal to open it up
                left click again on image & it will move to left of screen
                Put cursor on image (a blue + will show) left click again & it will open up bigger. If its still too small click View on tool bar & increase Zoom factor.

Comment

Silicon Chips!

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                  click on thumb nail as normal to open it up
                  left click again on image & it will move to left of screen
                  Put cursor on image (a blue + will show) left click again & it will open up bigger. If its still too small click View on tool bar & increase Zoom factor.
                  Not on my system it doesn't......My directions should work on most people's systems, and also points Stan in the right direction about how to print them off as well. I'm sure he's printed things off before....

Tell you what John, one day I might show you how I did this.... Nice carpet by the way!

They do say imytation is the sinserist form of flatterie.....

Brian.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/03/2012, 07:42 AM. Reason: Salt and vinegar added!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                    Not on my system it doesn't......My directions should work on most people's systems, and also points Stan in the right direction about how to print them off as well. I'm sure he's printed things off before....

Tell you what John, one day I might show you how I did this.... Nice carpet by the way!

They do say imytation is the sinserist form of flatterie.....

Brian.
                    Hi Brian,

Great to see you back on this forum! I love your sense of humour!!

Cheers,

Andrew

Comment

One step closer to the naughty step....!

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                      Hi Brian,

Great to see you back on this forum! I love your sense of humour!!

Cheers,

Andrew
                      Hi Andy,

Thanks mate, good to hear from you!

It's nice to have one....

Look out for a 'New Improved Return Of The Inevitable Caption Competition', coming to a thread near you soon...just as soon as I can find a suitable 'subject'......

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                      X