6 Days in Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Days in Scotland

The epic Castrol sponsored 1963 SSDT film, lots of Greeves entered back then https://www.bpvideolibrary.com/recor...SJt4MH-INfr3bU

Just some of the Greeves seen 7079WX, GVS171, AMP59A, 638EYO, YVC264, 340MWL , WCB513, AOO267, 98NTA. 729PK & 354GYA and these are the only ones I could read the number plates, loads more. AOO267 (24TE157) a 24TE is still around was last seen in auction Castle Combe 31/4/14 but not currently taxed for road use.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 05/04/2020, 03:59 PM.

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for posting this on the Greeves Enthusiasts Facebook page yesterday, and well done for finding it! What a great film.

Hope you and the family are all good mate.

Brian.

Comment

What an excellent film! Thanks for posting it up on here John.

Ian C.

Comment

One of a number of films produced by C H Wood of Bradford, these back in the day were available on 16mm film for free hire to motorcycle clubs to show on club nights.

Comment

Just watched the film John, brilliant, really captures the era and highlights how many Greeves were around at that time,thanks for adding it
          Ken

Comment

What a great Film, just watched it and how rough and bumpy, no wonder a modern trick bike with the right person on it can have an easier outing? can anyone tell me what the present classic Trial sections are like ? or are they about as hard as the ones in the film.

Comment

Dick, Did you see the three part series on Dave TV about Ross Noble's attempt to complete the SSDT? I found it entertaining enough, but I''m not an off-road man so what do I know? Still it does show a lot of the sections. https://dave.uktv.co.uk/shows/ross-noble-off-road/

Comment

Yes sorry I did not make it quite clear on my posting, I was referring to the Classic 2 day event that is held I think a few days before the modern 6 days Trial, yes I did watch Ross Noble and that was a very tough event!, but the 2 day Classic Trial, is this easier sections than they would have used years ago? I would think with modern/Old machines some sections may be a lot harder now due to the moderisatioin that some machines have had done if you get my drift

Comment

I have followed the Classic 2-day a couple of times in recent years Dick, having been on the Moidart Run before, and the sections look pretty impossible to me! Much like the going in the film. Bear in mind it is still a very competitive trial, and the so-called pre-65 machines are hardly that, with so many trick bits on some I don't know how they pass scrutineering, tbh. Not many Greeves either, compared with in the film.

Worth going to watch though, combined with a few days riding or touring in the Highlands.

Ian C.

Comment

Working...
                  X