Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Stonebridge pics.

Hi all,

I'm fortunate to have in my collection some old Brian Stonebridge photos, which I thought it would be nice to share on the forum. Some are prints, kindly copied for me, and some are 'originals'. I've done my best to have a fiddle with them to get the quality as best I can, but camera technology wasn't what it is today of course.

I don't have much info on them sadly, although I know that the pic of him riding the Hawkstone (not the jump pic, the other one-take a look at that 'special' pipe!) is from Shrubland Park, 4/8/58.

Any thought's on these please Colin?

Hope everyone enjoys seeing them.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 03/08/2010, 11:30 AM.

Old Brian Stonebridge pics.

And finally, here's a couple of BGS on the Greeves NSU 'special', and one with John Draper in the shot as well. Who's the other rider in the pic Colin, any idea?

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 01/06/2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Nice shots, Brian. Ian S has most of them in his collection. Without detail study and access to reference material (which I don't have by me at present) I can't identify venues, but all the NSU Greeves shots are of the 1959 Coupe D'Europe bike.

The Villiers with a square barrel will be 1959.

I've seen the John Draper one before in one of the contemporary weeklies. I think the chap on the right might be Phil Nex, but no doubt others will put me right...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Brian Stonebridge pics.

Thanks Colin, knew that you'd have more info to share with us.

I've passed copies on to Ian (the one's he didn't have), and we had an interesting chat about that trick looking pipe on the iron barreled Hawkestone. Ian was quite intrigued by the design as he didn't recognise it from other pics he has of his dad, and we ended up assuming it was perhaps one of his experimental 'one-offs'.

(I'll post a new thread on this, with a related pic.)

It would be great to hear if anyone else can add any info about these photos.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
        X