• Show
Clear All

Blue Rinse....

I like 1014, 4010 and 5003......

And brush your wig Dave.....!!

Brian.

Comment

Moorland Blue

I chose RAL5001 because it was as near damn exact to the air box on my griff which was original and will be using it on my next project. At the end of the day i don't think it really matters if it is a shade or two out. How many shades of British Racing Green are there. Mick.

Comment

Try this one.

Search for 20 D 45 - - RAL Classic, Design and Effect, BS4800, BS 5252, BS 2660 and BS381C colour charts, swatches, cards, fans and books. RAL and BS colours for paints and coatings.

Keith

Comment

Looks like I was in the right area, just can't count 0's! Thanks Dave! Didn't realise those rather handy paint charts were on the web either.

Comment

The Chart Show!

Hi Rob,

......and yes, Moorland Blue is now in it's 36th week at No. 1......!!

(I've heard it's a cover version....nice album cover though, in finest RAL 5001......)

Brian.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 14/12/2014, 07:18 PM. Reason: Pic attached of RAL 5001....WARNING! MAY LOOK DIFFERENT ON YOUR MONITOR!!!

Comment

Mooreland Blue paint code.

By the cringe mate, 36 weeks it is approaching Blue Moon time, and that must be around 1954 also

Comment

No , 1961 by the Marcels and reached number 1. Got a copy I think somewhere in the loft along with most of the Shadows, Duane Eddy etc! Dogsbody

Comment

The Blues Brothers....

......and still the hits keep on a'comin......

Brian.

Comment

Moorland Blue

At last, a true Moorland Blue colour code.

From China ... 系泊土地藍色

Keith

Comment

Paint code.....

Keith......isn't that the paint code for Moorland Yellow....???

(...or so Jeremy Clarkson says.....)

Brian.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 15/12/2014, 11:36 AM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Would that be "Mellow Yellow"?

Comment

Moorland Blue Moon

What a coincidence! The Marcels - Blue Moon was No 1 in the charts on May 13th 1961 when my 32DC was shipped to GP Balham Ltd.

Did anyone in the club buy a Greeves 32DC from GP Balham ltd in Streatham in the summer of 1961?I'm trying to find the original Reg. No.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Bolas View Post
                            Did anyone in the club buy a Greeves 32DC from GP Balham ltd in Streatham in the summer of 1961? I'm trying to find the original Reg. No.Keith
                            Strange how registration numbers disappear (particularly) off of road bikes & doucuments 'get lost'. Have you tried carefully rubbing down through the paint on the rear number plate? it may still be there. Even if you find the number without any evidence of the number ie old tax disc, MoT cert, bill of sale etc you would have difficulty in re instating the number as all London registration records were destroyed so they are not archived as with many councils.
                            Looks like your bike was probably 'off the road' around 1979/80 when records transferred to Swansea, & when the bike was eventually unearthed DVLA would not accept the original number & it was at that time give an age related one.
                            Of course it could also have been sold off for use as a personal plate on another vehicle. Many were & still are by some classic bike dealers.
                            What is the current registration of your 32DC?
                            Last edited by John Wakefield; 15/12/2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                              Keith......isn't that the paint code for Moorland Yellow....???

(...or so Jeremy Clarkson says.....)

Brian.
                              That's a nice job Brian. Most colour schemes work well if tastefully done. Who's bike is that?

Regards,
                              David.

Comment

Care for a Banana...?

Originally posted by 46T Sprocket View Post
                                That's a nice job Brian. Most colour schemes work well if tastefully done. Who's bike is that?

Regards,
                                David.
                                I agree mate, but as to who the bike's owner is (US plate?), I can do no more than point you in the direction of the website that it was linked to. Well worth a visit....some pretty nice classic off-road stuff on there.....

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                X