Silverstone 7 inch brake spindle and spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone 7 inch brake spindle and spacers

As anyone come across drawings for the 7 inch BHC twin leading shoe brake spindle and spacers?

I put part numbers in search a few days ago and came up with nothing

Comment

My Silverstone has 3/8" nut on the brake side and a 3/4" spacer on the other side but I don't know if this is correct it does leave the rim more less center between the forks

Comment

Thanks for the info - Tony

Comment

There are some hub drawing in this thread, but not specific to Silverstone. https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...s-hub-drawings

Comment

Thanks John - I have seen them, shame there are no 7 inch full width drawings.

Comment

Tony,
              The RCS front wheel I have has a 1.00" OD, 37/64" ID x .884" long, aluminum spacer on the LH side (back of the hub), then the main retaining nut. On the brake plate side there is a spacer fitted next to the bearing. It looks like it might be a top hat shape, extending into the bore of the bearing but I couldn't move the spindle to check. The flange of this spacer is 1 1/4" OD x 5/32" long. The brake plate fits against this spacer. There is a sleeve that fits inside the brass bearing in the brake plate that is .746" OD ( a few thou smaller than the bore of the bearing), .560" ID ( a couple of thou larger than the plain diameter of the spindle at this point) x .882" long (a few thou longer than the brass bearing to allow the brake plate to float when the assembly if tightened up). Next is a flat washer 1 5/16" OD, .570" ID x 1/16" thick, then a half nut, 3/8" thick, then the retaining nut.
              So, the outside of the aluminum spacer on the LH side and the outside of the half nut on the brake plate side align with the inside of the flats machined on the spindle where it fits into the leading link forks.
              Hope this helps. I don't know what spacers there are inside the hub as it seems I would have to heat the hub and drive out the bearings to find out, but if you want a sketch of the external arrangement I can email it to you.
              Stan

Comment

Thanks Stan very useful information

Comment

Working...
                X