Bonded Rubber (Metalastic) Bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonded Rubber (Metalastic) Bushes

Does anyone know of a supplier of imperial sized bonded rubber bushes similar to those used in Greeves swing arm (but not the same, sadly). I've tried all the usual places, (simply bearings, RS components, plus loads more) and googled til blue of face and red of finger, but no luck. can find metric sized ones that are close but not close enough.

Looking for 0.51" I.D. 1.035"O.D, 1.75" outer length, 2.00" inner length. (inner can be shorter, I can make spacers)

Metric sizes would be 12.97mm ID, 26.289mm OD, 44.45mm Outer length, 51mm inner length

Any help much appreciated

Jeff might be an idea to contact Gary Bamford

Comment

Thanks Simon, I've PM'd him.

Comment

Have you tried Robush, Jeff? Telephone 01473 738569 (Ipswich number)
        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 31/12/2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Hi John yes I had a good look on the Robush website, couldn't find the sizes I'm looking for but will give them a ring when the holidays are over, I've got plenty of other jobs to do on it in the meantime!
          thanks anyway, Jeff

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAC5FD29-3865-4311-9388-5EB3BF706313.png
Views:	303
Size:	617.1 KB
ID:	90034Click image for larger version  Name:	86BD07AE-225A-49D7-97C9-62F90F0B508F.png Views:	0 Size:	190.5 KB ID:	90033 Have you tried the Trelleborg website?
            Last edited by Phil Hyde; 31/12/2021, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Gary Bamford does these in the correct size https://www.britishbikes1970.com/par...inningarmround and also for square s/arm https://www.britishbikes1970.com/par...pinningarmbush
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 31/12/2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Worth a try at Land Rover/Range Rover agents, they use many rubber bushes, many years ago several of us and myself used their panhard rod bushes for Sw/Arm bushes with a little machining

Comment

Many thanks for the suggestions, I hadn't spotted the Trelleborg site, Phil, but will have a look.
                  I've been in touch with Gary and he is going to look at his stock after the hols, VS list the sizes of the large and small Greeves S/A bushes and they're different to what I need, sadly, John.
                  Plenty of Land Rover agents in Dorset, I'll have a trawl round, good shout!

Happy New Year

Comment

So by way of an update, following a chat with Bev at Robush, I today took delivery of bushes that were close enough OD & ID, but had to trim 3mm from each end of the outer sleeve and 5mm from each end of the inner sleeve. There was just enough meat on them to allow that without touching the rubber. Having cleaned up the bores they pressed in relatively easily, and 1st coat of primer applied, so onwards and upwards!

Comment

Well done sorting, Jeff. Pleased that Robush came through for you (as I knew they would!)

Comment

Yes, excellent knowledgeable service from Robush, certainly got me out of trouble!

Comment

Working...
                        X