re-sleeving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-sleeving

Can anyone reccomend where we could get a Silverstone or Challenger barrel re- sleeved back to standard?

I don't know about in the UK Peter, but do you have a copy of the Greeves drawing showing how they re-sleeved the cylinders by pushing in a thin-wall sleeve inside the original cast in sleeve?
    I had this done with my RDS cylinder here in Canada many years ago but this is now at 67.5mm and the sleeve is really thin so hope to find someone here to repeat the process. I also had another cylinder re-sleeved after the rod broke and took a chunk out of the spigot but they bored out the old sleeve and pressed in a complete new one. Not sure how this worked as I though the cast-in sleeve had corrugations on the outside but I have been using this cylinder for some time now and it hasn't given me any problems,
    Stan

Comment

Hello Peter, Simon Bateman re-sleeved my 360 challenger some years ago and I have had no problems since. Like all his work very good. He also always supports the Greeves AGM.

Comment

Agree with Mike, Peter, Simon is your man!

Comment

Somebody told me that Simon Bateman has retired and is no longer taking on Greeves work. I might have this completely wrong, can anyone clarify?

Comment

Best person to ask is Simon, Peter. Give him a call. Have PM'd you his phone number.
            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 27/09/2021, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Are Fahron Engineering still in business? Ron Phillips always did a good job.

Comment

Hi Phil
                Yes Ron is still around, done more barrels than most, easy job for him, he also had some original Hepolite pistons from me, only problem you may have to live a long while !! unless he knows you, Simon is still doing them and I would only use those 2 for that work.

Comment

Hi Dave

Good to hear that Fahron are still going. I only met the guy once. Certainly been around a long time.

Comment

Working...
                  X