Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Hawkstone a few parts wanted

Hi
    1. I'm looking to source a new 60 tooth rear sprocket (paddle hub) as part of the refurbishment of this 1959 scrambler. I emailed both Villers Services and Parwood Products but so fa with no replies. The sprocket has an internal diametre of 7.5" or 19cms.
    2. I would also like to find a rear brake cam if one is available anywhere.
    3. The Frame number is 59/ 1803 but where do I find the engine number?
    Many thanks for any help or advice
    Ray Spreadbury

See plate riveted to rear primary case casting (if its still there?) for the engine number ...........

Comment

Originally posted by RayS View Post
      Hi
      1. I'm looking to source a new 60 tooth rear sprocket (paddle hub) as part of the refurbishment of this 1959 scrambler. I emailed both Villers Services and Parwood Products but so fa with no replies. The sprocket has an internal diametre of 7.5" or 19cms.
      2. I would also like to find a rear brake cam if one is available anywhere.
      3. The Frame number is 59/ 1803 but where do I find the engine number?
      Many thanks for any help or advice
      Ray Spreadbury
      I dont think Villiers services or Parkwood ever reply to Emails

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        Unfortunately there is no plate rivetted to the rear of the chaincase so i guess its lost. I can't post a photo up yet as my Basic Status has not yet been upgraded to GRA Member but either way I'm not sure that the chaincase fitted is original as it has no Villiers or other bike name on it but rather is just a smooth surface..
        Re "no response" to emails, I will phone them both on Monday!
        RayS

Comment

Originally posted by RayS View Post
          Thanks for the replies.
          Unfortunately there is no plate rivetted to the rear of the chaincase so i guess its lost. I can't post a photo up yet as my Basic Status has not yet been upgraded to GRA Member but either way I'm not sure that the chaincase fitted is original as it has no Villiers or other bike name on it but rather is just a smooth surface..
          Re "no response" to emails, I will phone them both on Monday!
          RayS
          I have engine number as 652B2266 presumably it was stated when bike advertised on eBay or with Village Motorcycles. That is not the original as its a 10E from a James K7 or K7T, original would be 888B*** which would be available from dispatch records the GRA have these contact Peter Smith.

This is the bike when advertised for sale in 2019
          Attached Files
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/07/2021, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X