Numberplate DB/DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numberplate DB/DC

I need a rear numberplate and a pair of handle clamps to complete a recent restoration, Many thanks, Les.

VS do the handle bar clamps https://villiersservices.co.uk/index...roducts_id=557 and (according to LL spares suppliers) roadster number plates

Comment

Hi.John. Thanks for your response, I was aware V/S did the cramps I rather prefer the cast version as original although they look super shiney I feel sure V/S only sell the front plate. Frame No. of my latest restoration is 60/3158, Engine No. 808B 5931 _2T although it should be a 3T. Is it on survivors list ? Regards Les.

Comment

Thanks for details if your latest restoration,I did not have it on the list, but are you sure its a 32DB? its in sequence with 25DB's although there are a few 32DB's mixed in. There were only 8 32DB's produced and as far as I know the numbers are :
        60/2825
        60/2896
        60/3066
        60/3089
        60/3090
        60/3125
        60/3131
        60/3611
        The engine is as you say is a 2T, its from an Ambassador Super S. As for clamps the ones made from a solid billet will be stronger than the cast ones and no one will notice the difference once fitted. Strange if VS are only doing front plate as that just a flat piece of metal.

Comment

I only assumed it was originally a 3T from the numbers in the Greeves book thanks for the info. The rear n/plate has valance that fits to the profile of the D section mudguard.

Comment

Les, re the number plate. VS have apparently been selling new repro ones, but are currently sold out, worth a call to see if/when they are getting a new batch made. Also given the drawings Parkwood Products (the advertise in LL) my be prepared to make some, if you tell them its a well sort after part they may make a batch which would benefit other members. You could try Nick Howling (07786 082610) he is always selling second hand Greeves bits on eBay. Lives in the Kings Lynn / Wisbech.

Comment

Thanks John, I will speak to Steve at V/S when I next order bits, I had already spoken to Nick. Thanks for your efforts. Les.

Comment

Working...
              X