Wanted Paddle Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Paddle Hubs

Does anyone have, or know of any Paddle Hubs, I am about to have my Wheels Rebuilt I would like to have them converted to Paddles at the same time.
    Would appreciate any help
    Regards
    PeterSears

Peter. There were several variations on paddle hubs, and you have not mentioned what model and year it is for. You could buy some which will either not fit, or mess up the chain line.

Ian C.

Comment

Ian you are correct there are two widths of roadster finned hubs
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the warning, the bike is a 1960 25DB any idea which ones I should be looking for ?
        Regards
        Peter

Comment

Just an update the Front Hub is 5" Wide and the Rear is 5 5/8"
          Regards
          Peter

Comment

Peter. The front one is pretty universal, with matching dimensions for your tin hub. The rear measures 5" from the inside face of the sprocket to the face of the drum excluding brakeplate. If it is 5 1/4" it is not suitable. Not a pie-crust type,either; obviously.

Ian C.

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
              Peter. The front one is pretty universal, with matching dimensions for your tin hub. The rear measures 5" from the inside face of the sprocket to the face of the drum excluding brakeplate. If it is 5 1/4" it is not suitable. Not a pie-crust type,either; obviously.

Ian C.
              Ian
              Yes the Rear does measure 5" from inside of Sprocket to the Face of the Drum, do you know anyone who has them though ?

Comment

No! They are like rocking horse poo, and command a premium if you can find them, because they are an iconic Greeves feature, I suppose. Also, they work better than the bare tin hubs at dissipating heat. If you do find any, do check them carefully as I am told the alloy casting can crack, although I have no direct experience of that. I don't know if you are a club member yet, but if there are any members reading this who do have a set spare, it is often the case that they prefer to sell to members. Just one of the many benefits of joining the club, and for such meagre subs, too.

Ian C.

Comment

Ian, yes I am a member but still listed as a basic user !!

Comment

Ok, you need Ian Thornton to come along and upgrade you. He will no doubt sort it shortly, or you could PM him to give him a nudge!

Ian C.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSears View Post
                      Ian, yes I am a member but still listed as a basic user !!
                      Hi Peter,
                      I've just emailed Ian on your behalf.

Comment

Thank you Andy

Comment

Just a thought, as the Aluminium Paddles are just "pressed" onto the original Brake Drum surely there must be a company that do Aluminium Castings who would run a batch off, after all there is a least one company in the UK making Villiers Engine covers for VS !!!

Comment

Now sorted thanks
                            Peter

Comment

Working...
                            X