TLS brake parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLS brake parts.

Where would I get parts for my Silverstone front brake please ? i need .. Brake rod and both shackles. Thanks in advance. W.

OOOPS, I forgot the most urgent part, A fork crown stud. Ta W.

Comment

Hi Willie, I regret that I can't be of direct help, but I had a similar problem finding some replacement parts for the brake linkage on my Silverstone. If I remember correctly the standard clevis pins are peened over to form rivets. I had one of the shackles break (don't ask how) so I now use standard clevis pins with split pins and washers. You might try Villiers Spares for the shackles, although I went through their stock a few months ago and didn't notice any. I got mine at one of the auto jumbles at Stafford. Depending on what you need you may end up having to fabricate something, but it's a relatively simple job. If you decide to go that route and can't get the official drawings from the club, let me know and I have one you can use as a pattern. Likewise with the fork crown stud, my notes say it is 5/16 inch bar with a 5/16 26 TPI cycle thread at one end and 5/16 BSF at the other. Again you should check to see if the drawings exist, if not let me know.

Comment

Thanks Kevin, I may head over to Stafford.

Comment

Working...
        X