Going Dutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Dutch

On the Greeves FB page. An almost unbelievable collection of competition bikes, sadly in parts. Some real gems. It is in Holland.

I have just seen this post, and it shows a lorry load of parts and bikes. There is an unbelievable amount of bits and pieces from bikes of all ages. The seller's father amassed this collection and hopes to sell it in one go.

Comment

Looking at the number of parts; frames, forks, swinging arms, ali barrels & heads, engines etc; it makes you wonder why he accumulated that amount, or did he break up dozens of bikes in order to row up all those components? And he wants to sell as one lot......

I expect John will want the frame numbers

Comment

Nearly 300 photos. Utterly mind blowing. It would not be possible to value without a visit. The International machines are the real stars.

I am reminded of a major cache that the club bought in Belgium. This one is ten times bigger and would need a lorry to bring back in one hit.
        Last edited by Phil Hyde; 09/06/2018, 08:34 PM. Reason: more worms

Comment

Netherlands hoard

Pics here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1 16 altogether, just click on one pic to bring them up individually & larger
          Look mostly scramblers with a few trials bits, but a 4T roadster engine amongst some other early Villiers types (9D and 8E's) some early Scottish and rusty roadster silencers, plus a lot of non Greeves stuff.
          Shame that he has not decided to offer these via the club first as his father Rob was a GRA member
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/06/2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X