Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon brake pedal & swing arm

Hi everyone,

I'm in desperate need of a Griffon rear brake pedal. I understand the design changed over the years (my bike - at least the frame- is an earlier model 58) but I'm not sniffy about being correct for the year. If a later pedal would fit, that would be fine by me.

My bike came with a pedal that has been shortened and tucked under the primary cover making it difficult to find with the left boot. After racing at Mortimer at the weekend, dropping down into the wooded section and not being able to find the pedal induced something of a squeaky bum Great track and a great days racing by the way.

Also griffon or later challenger swing arm needed.

cheers

SW

Ah, maybe that explains why you lost the front under braking and laid it down right in front of me spectating at the end of the paddock straight, giving you a front mudguard doubling as an air brake!
    I wasn't quick enough to get a photo as evidence, but good to see you were up and away quickly.
    Sorry can't help with bits, maybe shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate a more functional brake pedal based on what you have, if you're not bothered about originality. That Maico-esque mod to the swing arm is a different matter though........

Comment

HEHE. Didn't see you Jeff, you should have found me and said hello. I thought it would be recorded for posterity though. Got my foot stuck under the bike so was left floundering about long enough for everyone to get their shutter speed sorted What a melon I felt - dropping it on an easy corner at one of the prime spectator spots - total buffoonery on my part. No serious damage though - a nice kink in the brand new front mudguard and a bit of a twisted ankle.

Good spot on the 'special' swingarm - best guess from those who know is it may have been extended and lowered for grass tracking.

Paul

The Scottish is getting loads of use by the way.

Comment

Wot a pansy.....braking going down hill & falling off in the kiddies area......
        Glad you had a bit of fun though paul, thats whats its all about....
        You hardened northen sheilas, don`t hold a candle to andy z though, a softy southerner who rode the morty 100 with a broken leg...........yes we all laughed to......its just a sprain he said...whoofing back the morphine.....look after my boy he said, i may be gone some time..............never seen him since....

Comment

The Memsahib only issued a short pass out otherwise I would've come and said hello, had to leave shortly after your race. Saw some cracking racing while I was there, though
          Must be interesting jumping on the Griff after the Scottish, the tank badges are about the only thing they have in common!

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            Wot a pansy.....braking going down hill & falling off in the kiddies area......
            Glad you had a bit of fun though paul, thats whats its all about....
            You hardened northen sheilas, don`t hold a candle to andy z though, a softy southerner who rode the morty 100 with a broken leg...........yes we all laughed to......its just a sprain he said...whoofing back the morphine.....look after my boy he said, i may be gone some time..............never seen him since....
            Ouch, that takes some beating. Broke my leg as a kid when I was mad keen on cricket. Pad wouldn't fit over the plaster cast so I played without. it takes a special kind of stupid to stick your broken leg in front of a flying cricket ball. I'm having a riot on the griffon Dave. So far so good- rider and bike have finished every race entered.

Jeff, I'm finding I ride both the Griffon and the Scottish at approximately the same speed which helps the transition

Comment

Hi Paul,
              I fell off at the same corner a few years back. I decided to get some air on the last jump on the straight and found out you cant brake and turn in the air so hit the pallet in front of the trees, went over the bars and landed in the bushes.
              I think I have a spare back brake and will look tonight.

Craig

Comment

i remember that........ when you said grab some air, did you mean oxygen from the st johns ambulance......

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                  i remember that........ when you said grab some air, did you mean oxygen from the st johns ambulance......
                  Only need to do that when I ride around the outside of you in a corner young man.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                    Hi Paul,
                    I fell off at the same corner a few years back. I decided to get some air on the last jump on the straight and found out you cant brake and turn in the air so hit the pallet in front of the trees, went over the bars and landed in the bushes.
                    I think I have a spare back brake and will look tonight.

Craig
                    Cheers Craig much appreciated. And also for pointing Tony in my direction re. enduro tank.

So Mortimer has bitten me, you, McCoo Jnr.....I'm starting to spot a theme here. But if you were shamelessly showboating for the crowd on that bend you deserve what you get

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Welly View Post
                      Cheers Craig much appreciated. And also for pointing Tony in my direction re. enduro tank.

So Mortimer has bitten me, you, McCoo Jnr.....I'm starting to spot a theme here. But if you were shamelessly showboating for the crowd on that bend you deserve what you get
                      Why go fast when you can pull a wheelie instead.
                      Forgot to look last night but will tonight.

Comment

Hi Paul, Had a good look for the spare last night but could not find it.
                        Happy to take one of one of my griffons for you to copy. I have both kinds, one has more of a bend on it than the other.
                        Just find out which one is the earlier one for your bike.

Craig

Comment

I have the drawings for at least 2 different types if anybody needs them. You just need a bit of 1/2" diameter EN 16.

Comment

Cheers Craig and Rob. I may come back to you on this. Had a word with Dave Harper today and he thinks he may have a late model pedal which is what I need. As usual with my griff confusion reigns - my frame is early but the footrest hanger is later, but Dave gave the bike a once over at Mortimer and has passed on his words of wisdom. Hopefully he can find what I need for Marks Tey on 17th June. Don't fancy another outing relying on front brake only

Comment

Back break is an optional extra

Soggy you soft northerner just hard on the front and crash down the box ... who needs a back brake 😀

Comment

Working...
                              X