No announcement yet.

Greeves bits at Stafford 23/24th April.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves bits at Stafford 23/24th April.

Quite a few Greeves Bikes in the Show, not just on the GRA Stand, (Which won awards! - see report from those who did all the work). Two Greeves bikes in the Bonhams Auction.
    Outside, a complete and reputedly rebuilt Anglian Engine was up for £1,100 -YES - £1,100, although it had dropped to £900 by Sunday pm. Two or three complete Bikes, noteably an MX1 in good nick with spares inc a Frame, and a Hawkstone, All in the £1,500 - £1,725 region.
    Several stalls had Villiers stuff, Carb bodies, jets, filters & parts were plentiful, odd casings, Gear levers/Kickstarts, Heads & Barrels, (mostly 9E but I saw a few 31A types). One set of Greeves tin Hubs and a few tatty exhausts. I wasn't really looking, but I reckon a good two days searching would have picked up a few bargains. Paul & Stuart Gollings were there. Some stalls inside had a few bits, but not much. Ignition Systems, chains, tyres, levers, all were there, but as new, trade items.

Overall....The Show was smaller and less well attended. More 'non-motorcycle' based stands, (Gardening, Jewellry, etc.,) bore witness to the state of play. Empty spaces outside .. unheard of for years. A lot of grumbling from long time Club Stand holders about Mortons favouring Commercial Trade Stands, certainly there was a 'crush' of stands towards the Entry to the Main Hall.
    Lots of Japanese based 'Jumblers, Tool Shops and bizzare Clothing stands....wierd really.

Still a good show where you can, with patience and that ferret like ability of Pete Smith (!) find anything you need. The amount of stuff still around is incredible. Where else would you find a NOS Peel Fairing with fittings ?
    Last edited by Peter Rotherham; 25/04/2011, 09:39 PM.
Working...
X