No announcement yet.

2t points plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I've got a plate that will work, It all fits nicely anyway, just need to spin up some insulators for the terminal posts and I'll see how well it works on the bike. I've had a good check through the engine and as far as i can tell whithout splitting the crankcase we're good to go for a test fire. the carb's in the cleaner and the coils check out ok so I'll probably kick her over in the next day or two.

Thanks again for the help John, you've saved me quite a bit of pondering!

Comment

Well, It's not the prettiest bit of engineering the world has ever seen, but it'll do! The felt pad bracket is yet to be fitted but I'm awaiting suitable felt before I finish that.

One day, when I'm not knee-deep in crusty old bedfords (it's been a strange week at work!) I'll get around to trying it on the bike and see if the sparks fly at the appropriate times.

I've still got to replace the rusty cam too, but as a previous owner has tack welded it to the end of the crank that may pose an interesting problem! Nothing that a little determination and some head-scratching can't solve.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks a nice neat job, equally as good as the original. What sort of Bedfords are you working on?

Comment

The current focus is a '67 Tk horsebox. being converted into a very nice 'glamping' unit. Over the last year or two, I've replaced the entire floor structure, re-built the ramp into a fold-down deck with handrails and steps. fitted patio doors (not many tks about with those!) replaced all of the interior woodwork, built beds for 3 people and hammered out a massive collection of brackets, curtain rails, fire-tools and other assorted blacksmithery. the underlying truck's pretty sound for such an old girl, and although it's going to live on-site permanently, we've taken pains to preserve her in a running and driving condition. and kept the cab as original as we could.

planning to move on to an ex-raf Mk mobile control tower next!

the picture is from a week or so ago, she'd just been moved to her new home and isn't looking her best but within the next week or so we'll have her looking sharp.
          Attached Files

Comment

On my 2T both sets of points face upwards with the Heels exactly opposite each other at 180 Deg !!
            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Floydism View Post
              The current focus is a '67 Tk horsebox. being converted into a very nice 'glamping' unit. Over the last year or two, I've replaced the entire floor structure, re-built the ramp into a fold-down deck with handrails and steps. fitted patio doors (not many tks about with those!) replaced all of the interior woodwork, built beds for 3 people and hammered out a massive collection of brackets, curtain rails, fire-tools and other assorted blacksmithery. the underlying truck's pretty sound for such an old girl, and although it's going to live on-site permanently, we've taken pains to preserve her in a running and driving condition. and kept the cab as original as we could.

planning to move on to an ex-raf Mk mobile control tower next!

the picture is from a week or so ago, she'd just been moved to her new home and isn't looking her best but within the next week or so we'll have her looking sharp.
              Oh modern Bedfords thought you might be doing a Bedford OB coach

Comment

Originally posted by PeterSears View Post
                On my 2T both sets of points face upwards with the Heels exactly opposite each other at 180 Deg !!
                Peter
                They look in the same position as on my 4T have put both pics up here for comparison. You cant compare position with Villiers points as they are totally different design
                Attached Files
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/07/2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X