2T Gearbox Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2T Gearbox Question

While I have the Gearbox apart on my 25DB (2T) I would just like to make sure that it is correct, the only question I have is what amount of "backlash" should there be between the Dogs on Part Number D8080 (Pinion High Gear 27T) and D8081 (Gear Sliding with Dogs 20T) these are both on the Main Shaft. It is just that I do not want to reassemble the Box and then have to take it all apart again.!!
    Thanks
    Peter

Hello Peter. The man for all Greeves gearbox information is Geof Nunn from Rochford near Southend.

Comment

Geoff is an expert on the Greeves own gearbox which of course he built, the 2T being a standard Villiers unit would not have been worked on by Greeves (or Geoff) If there were problems after bike was sold it would have been for the dealer to sort it out, and any warranty claims/work would have been done by Villiers. The best solution would be to purchase a Villiers 2T Workshop Manual Villiers Services do reprints of these.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I have spoken to Villiers Services and have got the info from them.

Comment

Working...
        X