Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Villiers Carburettors - Servicing article - 'Motor Cycle' magazine, 9/7/64.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers Carburettors - Servicing article - 'Motor Cycle' magazine, 9/7/64.

Here's another period article, a classic 'how to' covering Villiers carb servicing tips and tricks.

I thought it would be useful to post it in this area as additional reference material.

Hope it's of interest.

Brian.
    Attached Files

I've just posted a link to this thread today in the hope it could help a club member with a Villiers S25 carb set up query, and I was somewhat amazed to see it has now had just over 630 views in the five years since I scanned and posted this rare article, but not one single response or comment from anyone that made use of it.....I think that's rather sad.

Brian.

Comment

Thanks Brian, your posts are always useful

Comment

I agree with Tony here Brian, I'm sure many have found this and your numerous other articles, threads, posts and comments both informative and helpful. I often find myself browsing them even if not particularly relevant to me. This free and generous flow of information and advice is what the forum is all about, and without the knowledge and experience of you and others on here, most of us would be floundering about in the dark. Just because the silent majority are …..silent, doesn't mean your contributions are not appreciated. So a big thanks Brian.

Paul

Comment

On each topic list there is information about how many views and how many replies there has been to the topic. There is also information about likes on each post. These all show zero.

I can't see how you submit a like on a topic or a post? Anybody know how it's done?

It would then be simpler and quicker way to thank a member like Brian for his post if that facility was activated on this forum.

Comment

Hi Brian,
            Thank you for posting the article on the S25 carb. I found it by accident today on browsing the new posts, but am about to take my S25 to bits to
            cure the slight leak. I bought some gaskets from Villiers Spares at the AGM. I can do Amals blindfold with one arm tied behind my back so this
            old dog is ready to learn some new tricks about the innards of an S25!
            Thanks
            Martin

Comment

Hi Brian,

I have used this article last fall to set up my S25. While familiar with Amals, I am always hesitant to adjust carbs - the article helped a lot. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                Hi Brian,
                Thank you for posting the article on the S25 carb. I found it by accident today on browsing the new posts, but am about to take my S25 to bits to
                cure the slight leak. I bought some gaskets from Villiers Spares at the AGM. I can do Amals blindfold with one arm tied behind my back so this
                old dog is ready to learn some new tricks about the innards of an S25!
                Thanks
                Martin
                Compared to Amals the S25 is a very simple, derived from carbs used on lawn mower and industrial engines it works very well on two stroke engines and has even been used on four strokes

Comment

Thanks for the article Brian,
                  I just cleaned up an S25 and put it back together ok (or so I thought) with a cup of coffee in hand, thought I would search this brilliant forum to see what the difference was between carb suffixes (mines a S25/3) came across this and lo and behold I noticed I had refitted the Needle cup the wrong way!
                  We are very lucky to have such a wealth of info on here, much of which is from old articles like this that have been archived by your good self
                  Ta very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X