Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder won't start

Hi, hope someone can help.
    My pathfinder used to start very easily. Now it does not want to know. With the plug taken out and placed on the head it has a great spark, but when in position not even a cough. I have replaced ht lead, plug cap, plug and cleaned the carb but still the same result.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated as I am now starting to get bored!
    Thanks,
    Charlie.

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    Hi, hope someone can help.
    My pathfinder used to start very easily. Now it does not want to know. With the plug taken out and placed on the head it has a great spark, but when in position not even a cough. I have replaced ht lead, plug cap, plug and cleaned the carb but still the same result.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated as I am now starting to get bored!
    Thanks,
    Charlie.
    Hi Charlie.

My Pathfinder ignition died on me, but I lost complete spark. I decided to do it right and installed a MZB and had a 4 pound weight machined and installed to the rotor. It's now a 1 kick starter and works much better than before.

I'm sure Chris would have an answer to your problem. I took the easy but expensive way out, but I'm very pleased with the end results.

Good luck.

Kenny

Comment

I reckon it is the thyristor in the round box , quite how you test them I know not .

The spark maybe good out of the engine but failing under pressure .

Chris

Comment

Still not starting

Thanks for your response, sorry not to reply earlier but been away a bit.
        I have tried the thyristor as when I bought it the bike came with a spare but that does not seem to make a difference & sadly the bank says no to expensive mods just now!
        Can any one confirm for me which way the 2 wires on the coil are fitted, I have a blue & white and am wondering if they could be the wrong way round?
        Also is there a way of checking if the plug is sparking under pressure & what might cause this?
        Thanks,
        Charlie.

Comment

Unless you really want to keep it original it might be better to consider fitting a Yamaha DT 175 engine, much more reliable, easy to get spares & will perform better. There was one on Gumtree a few weeks ago, looked a neat job http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...T175#post10835
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/08/2012, 08:37 PM. Reason: Gumtree not eBay - link added

Comment

Working...
          X