Villiers 9E and 2T clutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers 9E and 2T clutches

Villiers 9E and 2T clutches are the same according to the parts books.This might be common knowledge but it might help somebody looking for a clutch.Some contact breaker parts are also interchangable.

2T Clutch cables

Can anyone recommend a source of 'made-up' clutch cables for 2T/3T engined roadsters, please? The new one that I was sent by a Villiers supplier has a locknut and bottom end nipple too big to go through the hole in the crankcase.
    Also, I believe that some U.S. riders have fitted a clutch cable with the adjustment at the lever end of the cable, presumably because of the difficulty of adjustment with the cable in situ.

Comment

Cables

Venhill http://www.venhill.co.uk/ not cheap but top quality, send your old cable & they will make to pattern

Comment

Used these people to replace all my cables,sent old ones.Spot on and sent my old cables back,as John says not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Comment

2T Clutch Cables

Graham are you sure there isn't a split collect still in the casing that is stopping the pear shaped nipple going through??? It's hard to see in an awkward spot underneath but worth checking before you have some more cables made up.

Comment

Clutch cable problem 25DC

Hi John,
            I don't think there's a split collet still in the housing; I've managed to re-insert the old cable which has a small diameter nipple.
            As you say, however, it's not easy viwing/accessing that area of the gearbox/clutch area!
            Thanks for the suggestion though!

Comment

Working...
            X