Anglian gearbox won't shift after rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian gearbox won't shift after rebuild

I'm in the process of rehabilitating a '67 Anglian I bought many years ago and never rode. I've taken the gearbox apart to check it's condition (good) and to insure all the parts are there and in the correct places. I've rebuilt the 'box on my workbench installing everything in the outer cover. I've aligned the mark on the shifter drum with the one on the shift quadrant. Installing the completed unit in the gearbox shell I can't get it to shift into any gears. The shift lever goes up and down but nothing happens. I've taken the gearbox apart and taken a really good look at the shift mechanism. I can see the shift pawls aren't engaging with the "teeth" underneath the shift quadrant. Does anybody have any thoughts on what the issue may be? I should add the tips on the shift pawls aren't worn. One other thing, the shift mechanism is the "newer" version.

Ken
    Eastern Ontario

Need to "time" the gear-change according to instructions in Villiers Singles Improvements Handbook by Rob Carrick and John Wood, Ken. Send me a Private Message for more info about this.

Comment

Working...
    X