Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves challengers

Hi,
    my Greeves challengers 2 will only start with the use of QuickStart spray, but will not run or start on 2 stroke, the motors have all been fitted with electronic ignition at the time they were rebuilt by Nametab Engineering is there a common fault ?
    Pete

Is the fuel fresh? If the "light ends" (the volatile component in petrol that burns first) have evaporated off then it won't want to fire up, especially in a high compression engine.

What ignition system is it? There was a problem with Electrexworld ignition systems a while back where the two wires into the CDI box had to be swapped to get it to run, though it appeared to spark.
    Jeff

Comment

Don't think it would start and run even with Quickstart if those wires are reversed. I witnessed that problem once, and the only result of the crossed wires was a single explosion.

Jeff is right about querying fuel quality. What mix are you using? Also need to confirm carb set-up, perhaps? And make sure crankcase is clear before trying again .......

Just my 4-pennorth ...........

JR
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 17/11/2020, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X