Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 MX4 wide footrests-- handle bar blocks

Hi
    I have the above haven't touched for a few years and need to source some wide folding footrests as originals on at mo, any ideas where to source??
    Also need handlebar clamps as have originals U bolt type again original 1" handlebars
    Many thanks
    Ray

Hi Ray, 36 MX4 folding footrests were put on the USA models and were designed and fitted far too high accoding to Dave Harper., ie higher than the UK ones. I believe most UK bikes MX3/4 etc had their fixed footrests just chopped off and then new folding ones fitted. I'm getting spares together for another 24MX4 at present and we're just going to use standard folding ones from Terry Sewell at TDS. I have some and they are good. Here's a pic of mine (existing ones on the the existing 24 MX4). Talk to Terry if he has them and clamps too, if you cant get the clamps come back to me. Good luck John. PS we're hopefylly going to do a Greeves round at Berry Narbour next year - I have a list of 35 interested Greeves racers -Just saying its relatvely close to Hampshire!Let me know If you want to be added to the list of racers we'll talk to nearer the time. Kind regards John
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_309b.jpeg
Views:	201
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	84724

Comment

Hi John,
      many thanks will give Try a try
      Cheers
      Ray

Comment

PS I'm in as looking forward to riding next year in the careful class as officially a pensioner from January 2021, also have a 1960 SCS

Comment

I also have n short exhaust for 36MX4 as mine has a longer one if anybody needs one

Comment

Berynarbour is on the north coast of Devon and a 3 hour drive from Hampshire. Greg Radley made an exhaust expansion system for my 360 and turned it up so that it was easy to undo the rear wheel nuts also it was about 1/3 of the weight of original. An improvement in performance and qa big saving in weight. Sadly i can no longer compete for health reasons so my son Mark uses my bikes.Mike

Comment

Working...
            X