Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb 32a

What carb for a 32a engine scottish regards Dean

Officially its the Villiers S25, Dean, but Amals have been substituted, I believe with varying degrees of success. If you do fit an Amal you will need a modified manifold. (depending on what you have already, of course?)
    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 11/10/2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
      Officially its the Villiers S25, Dean, but Amals have been substituted, I believe with varying degrees of success. If you do fit an Amal you will need a modified manifold. (depending on what you have already, of course?)
      Thank you john

Comment

S25's are now getting quite worn and may not be fully restorable to pin sharp operation. VS did their best with mine but did admit that it might not open up cleanly for trials use on my 32A motor. I have since fitted an Amal Concentric 626 with a VS manifold. It is fine and of course can be bought new with all manner of jet sizes to play with. Note that the "bible" says dont use the Amal Monobloc. Most of the 32A's being trialled in my area have Concentrics fitted.
        Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Originally posted by 350biker View Post
          S25's are now getting quite worn and may not be fully restorable to pin sharp operation. VS did their best with mine but did admit that it might not open up cleanly for trials use on my 32A motor. I have since fitted an Amal Concentric 626 with a VS manifold. It is fine and of course can be bought new with all manner of jet sizes to play with. Note that the "bible" says dont use the Amal Monobloc. Most of the 32A's being trialled in my area have Concentrics fitted.
          Ian thanks for that ... thats most likely the route im going ...

Comment

Working...
          X