X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Wakefield
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Dale View Post
    Wow! guys that’s amazing,very pleased that i joined the GRA at Stafford show the other week.I will certainly ring these people at Parkwood and obtain a flange for the front pipe.I will have to decide if i want steel or stainless..I spoke to the people at Villiers when i was at Stafford and they said it would have to made to order which could take ages..But now i have a supplier i’m sure i will get this sorted..I am based in the North East and the bike came from a deceased estate an older gentleman who had been in contact with the GRA through Dave Mc Gregor back in 2002..I have paperwork which came with the bike with letters of correspondence.,He was trying to restore the bike back then bless him..So now i have it and intend to carry it through.The bike is supposed to be a 24 TCS frame number 60/1160 engine no.863B848 unless you tell me otherwise..I have a motor vehicle background and will be able to do the majority of work myself..There are other things reqd such as a carburettor for now..I would like to get it running first...Then carry on with the rest of the work..Thanks for taking the time to reply..Gordon.
    From the engine number 863B848 it would appear Gordon that the frame number of your bike is actually 60/1660 which is a 24TCS

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Hello and thanks to everyone for their help, the bike is now a runner and very pleased with the way it sounds..Just need a seat now and wheels to refurbish..What colour should the hubs be?And it looks like the speedo drive is in the rear hub..So would like to get that working if possible.Not sure where to mount the head for road use...Any advice would be appreciated..Thanks Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Hi Colin, that’s good to know thanks.I was going to take the head off just to be sure..Busy sorting out the carb at the moment.Going for a 150 main jet in a Amal 626..Need to get the motor running before i will be happy to proceed further..Thanks Gordon..

Leave a comment:

• Colin Sparrow
    replied
    Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post

It has an MD alloy barrel Colin
    Oh yes, I missed that. Still the bore information is still the same. It seems more likely, though, that it is a 250.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Hi, thanks for that i will get onto it straight away.Hoping that all is good once it is running..Then i can start putting the nice bits on to finish the bike..Cheers Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• teamferret
    replied
    Start with a 150 main and a 2.5 slide, you should then be able to go slightly weaker if desired

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Hi John,thanks for that,i have had a one fabricated by a friend.Which iam very pleased with,it is not in stainless which was my preferred material but i could use it as a pattern if need be..I now need to sort a carb out, i have an Amal 626 which i hope will fit but needs jetting to suit..Any idea on what size jets should be fitted as the carb is not original? Many thanks Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• John Wakefield
    replied
    This company https://exhausts2017.com/tubes-%26-bends may be of interest, they supply pre formed bends that can then be used to fabricate an exhaust system

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Thanks Ian,i was thinking that might be the case..Still nice of Ian to offer,I will ring that company that Mike recommended and see if i get any joy with that..Thanks for your time Ian,Onwards and upwards...Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• IanCordes
    replied
    Hi Gordon. The frames on the TC and the TFS are quite different, so there is no guarantee that the TFS pipework would fit. It may be possible to make it fit, but it will not be a straight bolt-on. They do have the same type of flange fitting, but the TFS has the Challenger barrel, whilst yours is not standard for your bike anyway, and ,by the sound of it is most likely off an MDS scrambler, so different again. Good luck with it.

Ian C. (lots of Ians!)

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Hello to all,thanks for your time on this matter.Thanks for the info on your Ranger fabricator Mike.I will ring them tomorrow..Also if you’re pipework will fit my bike Ian,i will gladly take it off your hands..I saw a TFS recently and the system is not correct but appears to have a flange fitting to the front pipe..Many thanks Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• ian640
    replied
    Hi Gordon, I have an Anglian type primary pipe (not original) and Anglian silencer (I assume original) sitting in my garage doing nothing. I've no idea if they'd fit your bike - I'm sure someone with greater knowledge will comment. They were fitted to my TFS. Drop me a private message if interested. Kind regards, Ian.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Norris
    replied
    Hello. Did you see the exhaust system on my Ranger on our stand at Stafford. The complete system was made for me by NRP exhausts at Unit 1 Brailwood Close Bilsthorpe MG22 8UG 01623411191 07814530719. He made a great job of it. He also made a front pipe for the off side of my 25DC.He made all together with a special inlet manifold inlet for the Ranger. all was made in stainless steel as it was cheaper than mild steel and getting it chromed. He also has made exhausts for Dave Bradley. As Dave lives near to him he asked Dave to check all the work before ringing me to tell me that it was completed satisfactorily. I took the 'completed bike, with tank in place so that he could get all the curves fitting properly. That to me is a great service.

Leave a comment:

• John Wakefield
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post

60/1160 doesn't appear in the dispatch records so far as I can see. It would be towards the end of the 20TC and is too low for a 24TCS as John says.

Gordon, if you're not sure of the engine capacity you could take the head off and check the bore size. 59mm = 197cc, 66mm = 246cc. Alternatively you could measure round the barrel just below the head with a tape measure. 19" = 197cc, 22" = 246c (approximate measurement, but it saves removing the head.
    It has an MD alloy barrel Colin

Leave a comment:

• Colin Sparrow
    replied
    Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
    I think it maybe a 20TC one of the last, the 24TCS started at 60/1400 no doubt someone with dispatch records will confirm. Engine is a 32A supplied to Greeves, but also a 9E supplied to Cotton!
    60/1160 doesn't appear in the dispatch records so far as I can see. It would be towards the end of the 20TC and is too low for a 24TCS as John says.

Gordon, if you're not sure of the engine capacity you could take the head off and check the bore size. 59mm = 197cc, 66mm = 246cc. Alternatively you could measure round the barrel just below the head with a tape measure. 19" = 197cc, 22" = 246c (approximate measurement, but it saves removing the head.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X