Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Thanks for that John,i thought it was suspect.So what size engine is it?That would make it a 200 not a 250 as it says in the log book.Do you know what type of carb it should have fitted?Spoke to Armours yesterday about an exhaust system and they only did front pipes for the Villiers barrel and not the square Greeves one.They said i could try the Villiers pipe and return it if it was no good..Always an option.The search continues...Many Thanks Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• John Wakefield
    replied
    I think it maybe a 20TC one of the last, the 24TCS started at 60/1400 no doubt someone with dispatch records will confirm. Engine is a 32A supplied to Greeves, but also a 9E supplied to Cotton!

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    replied
    Wow! guys that’s amazing,very pleased that i joined the GRA at Stafford show the other week.I will certainly ring these people at Parkwood and obtain a flange for the front pipe.I will have to decide if i want steel or stainless..I spoke to the people at Villiers when i was at Stafford and they said it would have to made to order which could take ages..But now i have a supplier i’m sure i will get this sorted..I am based in the North East and the bike came from a deceased estate an older gentleman who had been in contact with the GRA through Dave Mc Gregor back in 2002..I have paperwork which came with the bike with letters of correspondence.,He was trying to restore the bike back then bless him..So now i have it and intend to carry it through.The bike is supposed to be a 24 TCS frame number 60/1160 engine no.863B848 unless you tell me otherwise..I have a motor vehicle background and will be able to do the majority of work myself..There are other things reqd such as a carburettor for now..I would like to get it running first...Then carry on with the rest of the work..Thanks for taking the time to reply..Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• 46T Sprocket
    replied
    Over to you Gordon.

Leave a comment:

• John Wakefield
    replied
    Its an easy job if you have an engineering back ground (not many people have these days) to modify a screw fitting Scottish front pipe with a flange fixing. Just a bit a simple fabrication, cutting welding or brazing.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 14/05/2019, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PeterJGreig
    replied
    ps I could make you a flange if needed, I did some for a Silverstone recently.

Leave a comment:

• PeterJGreig
    replied
    If you are anywhere near south London try Mike the Pipe, did an exhaust for me many years ago, google the name for info.

Leave a comment:

• 46T Sprocket
    replied
    There are plenty of tube benders around who will do a one off for you. (I'm surprised the two companies mention in the OP didn't advise similar). Ebay has a few listed. I've had a couple of exhaust pipes made by one Ebay chap for for my own bikes. You need that flange though to complete the job.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-ma...frcectupt=true
    Last edited by 46T Sprocket; 14/05/2019, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• John Wakefield
    replied
    I dont think Parkwood do exhausts & apart from those parts listed only make other parts as and when someone orders, and supplies drawings, they then make a small batch, and sell the extra's Worth a call but they will need the drawings. There was a company some time ago (in Lincs I think) who made a TES type exhasts, cant recall the name but their main product was tubular chairs, they did exhausts as a side line.

Leave a comment:

• 46T Sprocket
    replied
    Classic Motorcycle Parts. Headlamp brackets, lifting handles, mudguard stays, stands, no. plates, racks. Corgi, Welbike, Greeves.

Scroll down the page to the exhaust flange.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Dale
    started a topic Scottish exhaust front pipe supplier.

Scottish exhaust front pipe supplier.

Hi, i’m trying to locate a supplier for a exhaust front pipe for my 1960 Scottish project.,It has a square barrel with MD stamped above the intake..The front pipe is attached by two studs at the outlet..The pipe would have a flange attachment either loose or part of the pipe..The pipes out there only seem to be attached by the usual screw in collar.I’ve tried Armours and Villiers engine services without success..Hoping someone out there can help with a solution...Thanks Gordon.
Working...
X