34a decompressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34a decompressor

The head on my Ranger has 2 plug holes. I am thinking of fitting a decompressor to switch off the engine. Is the Enfield decompressor suitable for such use and has anyone experience of such use.
    Thanks, Mike

Originally posted by Mike Norris View Post
    The head on my Ranger has 2 plug holes. I am thinking of fitting a decompressor to switch off the engine. Is the Enfield decompressor suitable for such use and has anyone experience of such use.
    Thanks, Mike
    An easier option Mike of you only require it to stop the engine is to run a wire from the LT coil to a kill button on handlebar. A horn button will do the job.

Comment

Mike, likewise my 325 Bultaco Sherpa had 2 plug holes. I fitted a decompressor and I really like it.
      Adds a bit more engine braking for decents and will stop a runaway engine every time.
      An LT kill button is not guaranteed to stop a runaway 2 stroke as they are likely to diesel.
      Cannot see why your Enfield decompressor would not be suitable if it fits a 14mm plug hole.

Comment

Yes the decompressor was the thing to use when running down hills, especially when it was very wet as Tony has said nice smooth braking , and not locking the rear wheel and going like a wayward torpedo !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by justalad View Post
          Mike, likewise my 325 Bultaco Sherpa had 2 plug holes. I fitted a decompressor and I really like it.
          Adds a bit more engine braking for decents and will stop a runaway engine every time.
          An LT kill button is not guaranteed to stop a runaway 2 stroke as they are likely to diesel.
          Cannot see why your Enfield decompressor would not be suitable if it fits a 14mm plug hole.
          According to this thread it uses a 10mm thread https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/...?topic=22947.0

Comment

Mike you can have this one if you still need one, needs the screw to hold the cable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	74378

Comment

Working...
            X