Greeves square alloy barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves square alloy barrels

Have just come across 2 alloy barrels TES/MDS type both need good clean and rebore ,cannot see any numbers on either barrel but one has had 1/4" machined of bottom so can be used with short con rod?.
    How can I confirm what they are ?
    Photo of barrels together the one on the right is the one which has be machined and the one on the left I think has had the fins cut away above the exhaust port.
    Both could be for sale not sure how much they are worth but open to offers.
    No heads only barrels
    Simon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trialrider17; 03/10/2018, 09:51 PM.

What are the bores like, Simon, and what do they measure?

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian they are at a mates house will get info soon
      I think they have been left in in a rather damp place , the bores have surface rust so may get away with hone
      I will try and get them cleaned up and let you .
      Simon

Comment

There might be a stamping on the flat surface near the inlet port which could give a clue as to its origin. Might not be visible without a clean-up..?
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

That is what I was thinking regarding a hone, Simon. I may be interested in the short rod one, but will have to check what cranks and pistons I have got.

Also, can you check what the threads are like for the exhaust and inlet studs?

Ian
          Last edited by IanCordes; 05/10/2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

exhaust stude

when I bought my Anglian the bolt holes were badly bodged. I took the barrel to Dave Higgins who drilled out the holes fitted threaded sleeves back to correct thread and I have had no problems for a few years. Highly recommended workmanship. give him a call. mike

Comment

.Yes a common occurrence with the barrels , as mike has said best to replace them all (as time does mot heal) grinnnnnnnnn

Comment

If there is a trials barrel available I could be interested... Peter.

Comment

Still might be interested...…..

Comment

Peter ,both barrels have been sold .
                    Simon

Comment

Working...
                    X