Gearbox sprocket locking screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox sprocket locking screw

Hi can anyone tell me what thread the small screw is that’s fits the gearbox sprocket to stop locking nut from moving,cheers john

Originally posted by T6xc View Post
    Hi can anyone tell me what thread the small screw is that’s fits the gearbox sprocket to stop locking nut from moving,cheers john
    It might depend the engine/gearbox, but for a Challenger engine with an Albion box it's 1/4 Whitworth.

Comment

If it is for the 9E engine you had another enquiry about recently, I have just checked against a spare sprocket and screw I have on the bench. The screw thread matches up to a 4BA tap. I ran the tap through the sprocket, having checked the screw was a good fit in it before doing so, then tried the screw after; again, a good fit. So, 4BA for 9E through 31/32/33/34A etc, is my conclusion.

Comment

Thanks for replies villiers services send 4 Ba but didn’t fit my after market sprocket, I have now found out it’s 4 unc ,ps never heard of that side but local nut bolt supplier had some in stock, again thanks for replies,john

Comment

Who supplied the sprocket? If Villiers Services sent 4BA then that is what it should be, I reckon.

I will put a thread gauge on mine tomorrow to double check it. It sounds as though your sprocket supplier got it wrong.

Ian

Comment

Hi, I think I got the sprocket from villiers services but not a genuine one , I have spoken to them and correct is 4 Ba, but they tell me there was a few after market ones around hence different size locking bolts

Comment

Working...
            X