Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves MX1 Gearbox/Sprockets

hi.

I have recently found a complete MX1 but is fitted with the first gearbox so i am currently looking for a later one to fit, if any one can point me in the right direction for finding a later gearbox that would be great.

also currently it has a british hub wheel on the rear but the rear sprocket seems to be to low geared (currently 64 teeth), doeas anyone know of the original or can recommend a suitable sized sprocket.

thanks Charlie

Rear Sprocket

The original sprocket size was a 70, paired to a 15 on the gearbox. This size of rear sprocket does seem large. However, the chain size was 1/2" pitch I believe.

Hope this helps

Phil

Comment

hi.

i got my sprocket size mixed up it is 76 teeth currently on the back sorry. so you recommend lowering this to 70 teeth will help? because at the moment you might aswell pull off in second gear.

thanks charlie

Comment

If you can find second gear with the original gearbox you have got a gem

Comment

I bought the five speeder version once (RBS Silverstone) and that only ever had four gears. Useless piece of rubbish. Or perhaps it was me...
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X